Setting up paypal

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
gh

Post by gh »

Should have posted this earlier, :oops: apologies Helenb, your instructions were great, paypal now set up.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Excellent!!! :D
mario

Post by mario »

I already have an account with paypal that I have used for EBay,do I need to upgrade it to a business account to use it on my website for rental payment?.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mario, if you have a Premier account, provided it is verified, you won't have to upgrade it to a business account, as you will already be able to accept credit card payments. They may ask you to upgrade once you have taken over a certain amount of money. I think you turnover ha to be over a certain amount before you can convert to a Business account anyway.
mario

Post by mario »

Thanks Helen,got a bit confused with your Instructions
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

HelenB wrote: 2. Paypal will either debit or credit these accounts with a small sum of money. There will be a link on your account page to verify the account. You will need to enter these amounts, which will be on your bank or credit card statement, to ensure you can accept payments, and transfer them to your bank account. There may also be a 4-digit code on your statement which you will need to enter too.
Can anybody help me on this, i need to make a payment by paypal and its taken me really all day to set the dam account up. Tonight i have gone to make the payment and its telling me i need this 4 digit code, the payment needs to be made and i will most likely not receive a statement for another 6weeks.

is there anyway round this

thanks
Nessie
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Nessie,

Can you check your accounts online? You can see the deposits online before your statements come (usually 1-2 days from when PayPal made the deposit).

Alternately, if the amount you're sending is relatively small, I think that in some cases you don't need an account to do that at all...
Brooke
roxytoo

paypal

Post by roxytoo »

I don't get this............... :lol: I was keeping monies in paypal to refund someones secuirty deposit, have just paid for something else via paypal and its used those funds!!! So now I have nothing in my paypal account, is this the correct way of doing it??
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yes, but when you make the refunds it will take the money from your account. That's why I keep my Paypal account just for the apartment, I have a separate Uk account for other things.
I've had a look to see if you can make any other changes to your profile, but I can't see it anywhere.
centime

Post by centime »

Hi there you helpful lot: just got on the go with PayPal and will be waiting for the verification code to come very soon. As I am battling with the tail end of a heavy cold, the builders calling me twice a day so that they don't put the marble in wrong, etc. can any of you help with some suggestions for a nice little invoice template to send with my email request payment on PayPal. The woolly headedness of the cold and interruptions are draining my concentration big style so need a little help from my friends. :D Love from Lisbon
ginelli

Post by ginelli »

I have to say I'm going to pass on all the 3.9% charge to my customers. Have done it once already with no grumbles. I make sure it's clearly stated on my website
De l'audace, encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace (George-Jacques Danton)

www.hide-aways.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Gino, as it is my preferred method of payment, I have added it onto the rental fee, rather than as a separate charge.
ginelli

Post by ginelli »

fair enough HelenB
De l'audace, encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace (George-Jacques Danton)

www.hide-aways.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

centime wrote:Hi there you helpful lot: just got on the go with PayPal and will be waiting for the verification code to come very soon. As I am battling with the tail end of a heavy cold, the builders calling me twice a day so that they don't put the marble in wrong, etc. can any of you help with some suggestions for a nice little invoice template to send with my email request payment on PayPal. The woolly headedness of the cold and interruptions are draining my concentration big style so need a little help from my friends. :D Love from Lisbon
You can create an invoice template on the Paypal site,select you profile tab, then look under selling preferences. It's near the bottom of the list.