Help - what should I do?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Just another tip - if you take payments by sterling cheque (as I often do) it is always worth reminding people to send it via airmail, so that it does indeed stand a chance of arriving within 5 working days. I've had too many instances of people sending a cheque with only a first class stamp on the envelope which results in it sitting in a post office before coming over on a slow boat, often taking well over 2 weeks to get here.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I prefer FAFF about :shock: ....

meaning well faffious aboutious :o ...
ie..... wants a kick up the Maximux Glutous :!: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Agree - no scope for confusion with that one Ros - faffing is faffing!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

looks like mine... glad it's working for you, too. i love this place!
debk
Thanks Deb for letting me 'pinch' it :D ....those words work a treat! I have no problems with getting deposits in the allocated time schedule and everyone is absolutely clear where they stand in the 'in-between' time.
debk

Post by debk »

I have no problems with getting deposits in the allocated time schedule and everyone is absolutely clear where they stand in the 'in-between' time.
Which is a huge relief to the guests, as well as to us! :D
debk
?? relief to us -- or -- relief for us ?? help, i'm losing my grasp of the english language?
chrismooney

Post by chrismooney »

well my enquirer didn't 'prevaricate' or 'pontifcate'...he's booked ...which actually was 3 families taking the whole gite and rooms for 2 weeks....nice one!!!!like 'prevaricate'...must use it more often...thanks forum for the new words!!!
chef who will try anything!!
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

i'm losing my grasp of the english language
You're doing pretty well for a meerkat! :lol:

Chris...good news!
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

OK I meant procrastinate. Slapped wrist!! :lol:

The first enquirer has said that he can't get his party to make a decision before February, so I have offered the dates to the second enquirer. Haven't heard back yet. Gave them till Friday to respond.

Sigh. :?

Another enquiry for a week in August (gite too small) has withdrawn, but at least they let me know.

Sigh again :(
Louise
www.lacharronniere.com delightful gites in the Vienne countryside.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Loopy Lou wrote:OK I meant procrastinate. Slapped wrist!! :lol:
:wink: Gently nudged.
Loopy Lou wrote:The first enquirer has said that he can't get his party to make a decision before February, so I have offered the dates to the second enquirer. Haven't heard back yet. Gave them till Friday to respond.
Lou, am I forgetting something - I haven't re-read the posts, but unless I have other people waiting in the wings for the same dates, I don't set a deadline for a decision; I'm always a bit scared I might lose them if they still need longer to deliberate?

Don't worry, I know it's a nailbiting time, but it will all come together, I'm sure.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I hope you hear back about the second enquiry soon, Lou.
It is so frustrating at the beginning, you are really positive that enquiries will generate bookings, but in fact the conversion rate can be quite low, which is frustrating.
It is horrible when you don't get replies to responses to enquiries either, but you soon learn to build up a thick skin!