Am I becoming too paranoid???

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Normandy Cow

Am I becoming too paranoid???

Post by Normandy Cow »

Got this email today:
Mr & Mrs Slack
Hello, Our family and friends are planning to have holiday in France. We found your farmhouse very attractive and just right for us, we wonder whether your property is availavle between 18th March till 24th March 2007.
We look forward to hearing a good news from you.
Thank you
Mr& Mrs M****
At first glance I thought "Great!", then I read it again and the grammar seemed a bit suspect - "planning to have holiday" and "hearing a good news", so my alarm bells started sounding.

As there was a (UK) phone number, I called them, and spoke to Mrs M who sounded very nice - turns out she's Japanese living in South Wales, so that probably explains the dodgy grammar!!!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

No I don't think you are being paranoid just careful.
Cheers
PC
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

I think that the grammar is excellent for a Japanese person living in South Wales. Just goes to show that you can't reject iffy e-mails out of hand.

John
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

As there was a (UK) phone number, I called them,
I ditto what PC said. If I get an enquiry which looks 'dodgy' and they supply a telephone number I always make a call 'just to make sure'.

As it turns out your enquiry was genuine one :D