Accomodating guest

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
cromercrabholiday

Accomodating guest

Post by cromercrabholiday »

We are in Country Cottages, which is UK only, I think on a referral only basis - ie, we pay them an annual fee and they pass on enquiries. Mostly, they arrange bookings, so we are an oddity for them.

We got a booking from them with "I understand that you deal with bookings direct, please contact this lady". The accompanying mail confirmed that the cottage was reserved, subject to checking availability, price etc. They had quoted £550 rather than £710 for a week high season. Jane went ape and tore them off a strip on the phone.

Remarkedly, she contacted the prospective guest and explained and she still booked! I would have been inclined to refuse it on principal, but she must have seen the quality on offer!

John
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Good for you two!! yay ! Was it a genuine mistake or were they deliberately discounting your prices to get the business?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Both :) ...

Theres a thought Fraise...I did have something similar happen a while back someone was enquiring from a free website that I hadnt been on for years so hadnt been updated...
She quoted the prices which were much ,much less than now...I explained and told her references to a few of my up to date listings and she still booked at the proper price. :wink: :lol: ....
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Fraise wrote:Good for you two!! yay ! Was it a genuine mistake or were they deliberately discounting your prices to get the business?
Incompetence, only!

John
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

cromercrabholiday wrote:
Fraise wrote:Good for you two!! yay ! Was it a genuine mistake or were they deliberately discounting your prices to get the business?
Incompetence, only!

John
Phew, that's a relief then. Incompetance is annoying but at least you can sort it out! :roll: