Confused over Holiday Lettings Website

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
barrythomas

Confused over Holiday Lettings Website

Post by barrythomas »

Ive been looking at this site for a while now looking for information on the best site to rent out my property in Spain. I was initially attracted to Holiday Lettings as on their home page i saw this statement

Holiday rentals worldwide - thousands of vacation villas and apartments for rent direct from owners.

Yet when I browsed around further I came across this section

Letting Agent Advertising Packages
holidaylettings.co.uk/advertisingforagents.asp

So before I part with my cash can anyone enlighten me to whether its a site that only deals with property owners or is the statement on the home page misleading given the above section for Letting agents.

Barry
Marion

Post by Marion »

Hi Barry,
There are agents who use the sites. I know of a couple here in Nice that have several properties on the books.

I have managed the bookings for mine and my brothers apartments for 4 years and now also look after a friends apartment.
I advertise all three on Holiday Lettings, Holiday Rentals and Owner's Direct. Although I haven't looked at the 'agents' pages on HL as I don't really consider myself as an agent.
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
barrythomas

Holiday Lettings

Post by barrythomas »

Thanks for the reply Marion.
I was hoping a representative from Holiday Lettings would come on and explain this as I have seen them post plenty of time on this message board.

Barry
paolo

Post by paolo »

Why don't you ask them direct, it sounds like you have an axe to grind asking them in public.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Joanna HL

Reply to Barry

Post by Joanna HL »

Sorry for the delay in reply - it's been a few days since I had a spare moment check the latest goings on at LMH!

To respond to the concerns raised, we are a site that principally advertises properties for private owners but that also allows a controlled number of agent advertisers to list on the site. We do accept agent advertisers but monitor and limit the number of properties agents are able to add depending on location and current mix in that particular area.

Over 80% of the properties advertised on the Holiday Lettings site are advertised by private owners, and almost all properties are privately owned, ensuring that holidaymakers can choose from a selection of holiday homes that retain an individual style and character.

Barry - if you have further concerns please contact me directly: jo@holidaylettings.co.uk

Best wishes to all at LMH for 2007.
Joanna Braithwaite

Need help? Contact Customer Service
t: +44 (0)1865 312000
e: support@holidaylettings.co.uk