Saturday Telegraph

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
memes

Saturday Telegraph

Post by memes »

Hi I've been contacted by the Telegraph saying they are doing a travel special on Italy in January and would I care to advertise in it? At £17 plus vat a line, its not cheap but I am tempted by being in an Italy special. I've only used online sites before having been a bit wary of something so 'here and gone' as the national press. Has anyone used any of these 'specials' with much success? Have got a few bookings in for next year but its gone dead now - am hoping there will be a post xmas surge in enquiries..

Memes
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Memes,

I used to use the Sunday Times in exactly that way. Three consecutive weeks in February, for the price of two. A few years ago it was effective but it's effectiveness petered out so I stopped. Who knows? If 2006 doesn’t shape up I might try it again.
...am hoping there will be a post xmas surge in enquiries.
It's a pound to a penny there will be.

Alan
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I advertised last year in a special on France with the Saturday Telegraph, and got nothing. I think there were probably so many people advertising it was like looking through the Chez Nous catalogue but without pictures. However, I did manage to fill a week in July a couple of years ago due to a last minute cancellation, so I would use them again if that circumstance arose again. I had loads of enquiries for that particular ad and filled the week easily.
Maxd

Post by Maxd »

We have given freebies to jounalists in low season. Quite often they contact us and tell us they are doing an article on the city and would we blah blah( beg for free accommodation). If it is a good publication you can always use it that you were meantioned in " The Times" or something. Also you can make it a condition they get a freebie if they add a certain amount of content about your place.