Wireless optical mouse for notebook

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
la vache!

Wireless optical mouse for notebook

Post by la vache! »

Can anyone recommend a make that works for longer than a month? I've tried changing the battery, but it still does what it wants with the cursor, which usually involves disappearing off the top of the screen, and not what I want.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I have been using a neat little mouse for about 1 month now. There are many similar, but this one came highly recommended.

Its made by (under the name of) Microsoft, available at a fraction under £15.00 from here at Amazon.co.uk.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

imho you are better off getting a proper wireless mouse. I think the notebook one are too small and before you know it you have cramp and RSI.

I have one of these and use it for my laptop

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/spec ... LOG-931395

few quid more but they are so much more comfortable and the batteries have lasted me 4 months.
http://www.casamaria.co.uk - La Zenia, Spain
A-two

Post by A-two »

My cordless Mouseman by Logitech is ergonomic shaped, which is great for RSI. Now in it's fourth year, it's still going strong. It has the wheel for scroll and zoom, and the thumb click for back. The only thing I don't like about mine is lack of warning that batteries are running low, but they fixed that in later versions, such as the one recommended Tommy.

Hope this helps.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks everyone I will have a look at your recommendations!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've had a couple of the cordless squeakers and I've loved using them. Sadly, they just haven't been reliable and the small inconvenience and low-techy feel of a wire mouse is as nothing compared to the large inconvenience and expense of a Starship Enterprise piece of kit that keeps going flaky. Note to manufacturers - must try harder.

Jim
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi

Jim Said
"nothing compared to the large inconvenience and expense of a Starship Enterprise piece of kit that keeps going flaky. Note to manufacturers - must try harder".

Jim

:shock: Your not THAT Jim are you :?: :o

'Its life Jim bit not as we know it' :roll:

Pretty much sums up the LMHatter[well me anyway :roll: :? ]

'Beam me up Scotty'......[who cheered :( ]
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

I use a bog-standard wireless Microsoft Optical Mouse both at home on the PC and here on the laptop. No problems thus far.

I'd really like to find a decent Bluetooth Mouse & Keyboard combo for the home PC, but nothing has grabbed me as yet.
'Beam me up Scotty'
Alas, no longer possible since his sad departure to that big engine room in the sky! :(

Anyway, William Shatner is now making a great living winding himself up, has anybody else seen "Free Enterprise"? And as for those bizarre cereal ads!!! :roll:
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!