already listed in RentCalendar

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
gebbe

already listed in RentCalendar

Post by gebbe »

It seems that I'm the only one from good old Denmark in this club....
Anyways, what I really wanted to say is that I tried to create a new account in RentCalendar and, guess what: they already had my email address!!! And I don't recollect having been ontheir site ever, let alone creating an account!
Any idea how so? (nonono, i neither was stoned nor drunk lately, after all i'm a nice girl :) )
thinking of tieing the knot? Get married in Tønder, Denmark's Gretna Green!
Garri

Post by Garri »

Hi Gebbe, maybe they already had your email because they intended on spamming you? (if they hadn't already).

By the way, do you know of a good source where we can find some interesting places in Denmark? Especially Bornholm and West Jutland.

I found www.bornholmtours.com , which is a nice site, but like a lot of Scandinavian sites I've noticed you have to enter dates, you can't browse places unless you enter specific dates or other info - most frustrating.
gebbe

Post by gebbe »

who, RentCalendar spams??? Am I just being naive or is everybody on your heels? :cry: :roll:

Try http://www.tgv.dk/idd172.asp for Westjytland generally, or http://www.romo.dk/Engelsk/default.htm, should you wish to see where my roots lie.....
and for Bornholm google in on "bornholm ferie" and you'll get lots of possibilities. Hope you'll find something suitable.
thinking of tieing the knot? Get married in Tønder, Denmark's Gretna Green!
Garri

Post by Garri »

Not saying they spam, it's a possibility, but how would you otherwise explain that they already have your email?

Thanks for the tips. 1st site looks promising, 2nd site not so good. I've been Googling Bornholm already but can't find that special something I'm looking for.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Garri, they have one of mine too, as I couldn't register. HOwever, when I sent for a password, I didn't get one as the email wasn't recognised. I don't use it now, but definitely registered using a previous email and not my current one.
pitway

Post by pitway »

Try registering again, Rentcalendar.com has been out of action for a number of weeks. I have not been able to update my availability for ages. Today I tried and hey presto! all appears to be working again.

Tim