Mac/Pc ????

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Big Sis..

Mac/Pc ????

Post by Big Sis.. »

http://www.apple.com/uk/getamac/

I know nothing of this only seen the debates on here...
but there are adverts about which seem to have started the debate again...
this was in the Times today

[I got bored after finishing the crossword :shock: .........
is there one :oops: :?: ]
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ros, you know how to liven things up. :lol:

How about this article in the Guardian today:

I hate Macs

Charlie B. sure knows how to hit the right button. The feedback below is good as well, though not sure about:

You're entirely correct about Mac-users; they are to humanity what Cheestrings [sic] are to cheese.

and

'...the reason there are far more games available for PCs than for Macs is because Mac users have better things to do with their time that fannying around getting some unfeasibly-breasted posh totty to another level, while making her flash her arse at the same time, then stropping when their Mum comes in to ask if they want an eggy and some soldiers....'

or even:

And people who need two buttons on their mouse are like people who need bullbars on their Honda Civics.

Now you've lit the fuse, we'll have to wait until GG and Enid wind up their Macs and......

MG
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Ros, you know how to liven things up.
Its a Gift :wink: :roll: :lol:

Seriously though, I didnt[still dont] really know the differnce but when I was at the bus stop this advert was there then I saw it again....
So its not just you 2[and Enid] who has these debates!
Then when I saw the article in the Times I thought
Id stick it here :roll:

You know you two are both my fwends and my most favourite Goats so please dont come to blows or anything........

ps Please dont tell me you look anything like the PC one on the left I much prefer the Mac one
[he looks a bit like Will Young...I know, I know but I still like him...mind you I liked Rock Hudson as well :roll:]
enid

Post by enid »

I love my Mac because I don't keep getting a little message telling me updates are available but not telling me what they are - then when I install them they wreck my computer in some way!!! My Mac tells me which programmes have updates and then I can choose to update or not.

Having said that I do still have my PC :) but now that Macs are so compatible with PCs I have gone back to my first love :D
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Charlie always knows the right buttons to set people off!

Those Mitchell and Webb ads are great aren't they - the UK version is so much better than the US original!

I know Macs look prettier, and my son reckons iWeb (?) is way better than Dreamweaver but apart from that .....
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Prettier? My 2 day old Vaio is lovely looking!! I'm still playing with Vista. :) At the end of the day they are a useful machine to me, I don't have any sentimental attachment like I did with my very first Mac many years ago. I prefer P.C because at one stage (not sure now) hardware and software was more readily available and a lot cheaper.

My friend had a Mac a few years ago and got Virtual P.C for it -what's that about then? Why bother getting a Mac then making it look like a P.C interface??

My new laptop has a cool feature I didn't even know i was getting - Motion Eye. It is a built in web cam/still camera in the lid. I took a very funny video of myself waving at the screen, swigging Coke then looking puzzled trying to find the "stop recording" button. :lol:
Bob T

Post by Bob T »

I love my PC because I don't keep getting a little message telling me updates are available.
It is quite easy to switch off the update feature.
Why pay twice the price for a Mac when all it tries to do is emulate a PC. If the reason to buy one is the looks, then you can still save money by covering your PC in fake fur or woodgrain sticky paper.
With a Mac you are stuck with the Mac operating system, with a PC you have a choice of various Windows or about 30 different FREE linux operating systems, you can even use both if you wish.
enid

Post by enid »

OK Bob - cage duly rattled you rascal - hands up all those Macs critics who have had one? GG and I can at least give feedback after a life with both!!!!!! :evil:
Martha

Post by Martha »

No forum is complete without a Mac vs PC thread! :lol:

People on both sides can get very evangelical about it...I think it really is just down to personal preference. Personally, I use both but much prefer Macs.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
enid

Post by enid »

I think it really is just down to personal preference.
I agree :)