How to get money?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
remote

How to get money?

Post by remote »

Hi there everyone
although I'm an avid reader of this site, I don't often post - something to do with not being able to type and forgetting my password. Just have a quick enquiry - I've just had someone from Australia who wants to book my house for the world rugby. How should he pay me? I suggested he transfered money straight to my account and sent him the details, but will this cost him a fortune as he will have to do it twice, once for the deposit, I don't have paypal as we only rent out about 6 weeks a year and up to now has been to brits. All suggestions gratefully received. Mandy
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Perhaps he could pay you the full amount instead of in 2 stages.
Setting up a paypal account is not too difficult, all you need to receive money is an email address, then you can verify the account you want to pay the money in to.
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Hi Mandy,

I too would advise setting up Paypal, it's probably the best method and very simple to register. I just had a British family set up a paypal account specifically to pay me and to avoid the 2 bank transactions that you mentioned.

Keep on posting.. the more dog lovers the better :wink:
paolo

Post by paolo »

I don't think it will cost him a fortune. Maybe up to £30? He could send a bank draft or money order in sterling which his bank can issue him, but it may not be any cheaper.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I agree with Paolo. We had some Kiwis book and they simply did it through the bank ( Iban/swift).They did it twice,one for deposit,then again for the balance. I had to send them the security deposit back and that was done the same way with them picking up the transfer costs. This was quite normal for them. Good luck :wink: