INSURANCE HEADACHE!!! Help

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
spencersoph

INSURANCE HEADACHE!!! Help

Post by spencersoph »

Hope someone out there can help. We have a small holiday cottage to rent out and everythign is set up and ready to go.

Do I need to get some sort of public liability insurance for the property? The house is attached to ours and was formerly a holiday home.

Any advice would be most welcome

thanks
Sophie :lol:
Sophie
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Sophie! Image

Can you tell us where your cottage is?

Cheers!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
spencersoph

Post by spencersoph »

Hiya, it is in Cheshire, UK. thanks
Sophie
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Sophie,
Check your household buildings and contents policy for the cottage to see what cover you already have and ask your insurer what extra coverage you could/should take out for rentals.
Best,
Alexia.
helen

insurance!

Post by helen »

I have just had my renewal notice for my 'holiday home property insurance' which covers me for buildings,contents and legal liability to the public. It has increased by loads! HELP! Can anyone suggest a company that covers letting properties?
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Welcome Sophie (and i would give you one of those wavy emoticons if Paolo could tell me where to get one from).

Cheshire is a great area, you should be able to get lots of renters there who like to walk in the rain :lol:

Guardian Royal Exchange (I think they are now called AXA Insurance) do insurance cover for landlords. Check out the Yellow Pages for more Insurance comapnies, or do a search on the internet for landlord insurance UK.
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

reddevil,

If you know the exact address of an image you can use it as an emoticon in you postings. If you come across one you like all you need do is copy its URL and paste it into your Forum posting. To find the URL, point on the image, right click and choose Properties. The URL is shown under Address (URL). To get the emoticon to display automatically, highlight the URL address and click the Img button. Here is an example from the same site as Paulo used to get the wavy hand.

Without the Img command:-

http://www.pdpink.co.uk/newsletter/images/haunted.gif

With the Img command:-

You could try the following site for more smileys.

http://www.free-emoticons.org/index.php?x=cn

Now, you can have a lot of fun.

Alan
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Alan,

Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, I am WAY too lazy to copy the url so perhaps Paolo could add a few more for us to choose from like the ones already in the left margin?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paul,

Is it golfing and visiting all those lovely bars and restaurants listed on your website that makes you WAY too lazy to copy url's?

You paint a very attractive picture of Torrevieja, I must explore next time I am staying with friends in Altea or Los Alcázares.

Alan
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Hi Alan, whoops, for a moment I didn't realise that you were talking to me :lol:

There are many reasons why I have become lazy - probably one of them is because I spend too much time in front of this damn computer and don't get enough exercise!

We love Torrevieja and can't wait until we retire there. I think you should grab your mates and rent my villa (at special laymyhat rates of course).

Adios
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paul,

Kind offer but no accommodation required. The friends live in Altea and Los Alcázares.

Alan
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hi Sophie. Good luck with renting out your cottage - hope it all goes well.

There is a thread in the UK part of the forum which talks about insurance for holiday homes and may be helpful to you.