New Website for New Green-Built Cottage-near Sequoia

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Strange, I'm not usually a fan of white on black but must admit that I liked it, seemed really 'clean and fresh'. Slide show was excellent but the 'next' pages didn't work for me. Other things a little slower to load than I would like, found myself tapping my fingers a bit. Agreed, the home needs more 'lived it' type photos.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
JC

Sequoia

Post by JC »

It looks like heaven on earth - both inside and out! Absolutely beautiful.

I love seeing all the photos - they say so much more than words. I would probably not choose a black background as it's rather hard on the eyes but perhaps it's because some people prefer different colours for reading. Would also love to see some photos blown up so that I can really imagine being there.

Good Luck with it all

JC
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Kathleen and James,

I just read a New York Times article featuring your lovely house!

I wonder if your demographic will change now... :)
Brooke
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

WOW :o ...

Pretty impressive..good for you :wink:
Garri

Post by Garri »

I like it. Loads fast here (OSX & FF2.0).

As anyone here knows, I'm usually a big fan of anything Apple produces but iWeb hasn't been one of them.

That said, this site is fine and much better than the rubbish that FrontPage spews out. (I would say that, wouldn't I? ;-)) Slide show works well, no problems.

It is of course helped by having a gorgeous cottage in superb setting.

Whilst I totally agree with the notion of displaying photos against a black background I absolutely loathe having to read white text on black b/g, especially when there's so much info.

Consider giving us some of the details as bullet points to break up the monotony. Well known fact that people don't read websites, they scan them.

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/reading_pattern.html
mon269

Post by mon269 »

I like the site and the house, but most of all, I like the environment. The estrange thing about the black background is that after I while I liked it. Unfortunately, the time it took is more than what a regular visitor would have spent on it.
:(

I’m lazy by nature (it comes as standard where I come from :D ) and I could not be bothered to read the text only pages. I read the headings and the fist couple of lines of most sections. I think most punters would do the same and thus miss some important facts.

Having such a great house and such nice pictures, it’s only a few tweaks on the site that will make all the difference.
riovino

Post by riovino »

Very impressive site design. I too noticed some slow loading pages but not slow enough to be annoying.

I love the fonts, layout and text content. Some general suggestions:

* It would be cool if the color of the sky in the image titled "nature" matched that of "nurture". The vast color difference created a visual balance issue for me.

* Maybe include an image on the Details page. Even if it's in the form of a header - it just feels odd to hit a page that's all text.

* On your Links page, consider having the links open in a new window. My fear is that with the current method, people will exit your site and not come back. If you open in a new window, the exit point (your website) will still be up on their screen.

Again great site. I'm a huge fan of minimalist, modern & green building. I'd love to talk with you about the house itself at some point.

Matt