Two apartments or one house?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
annec

Two apartments or one house?

Post by annec »

We are still renovating at the moment and should be in the market by next year (2006)

The plan is to structure the house so that it can be rented out as two separate apartments or as one whole house.

My problem is how to offer it. If I get a booking for one apartment in a peak week I will always worry that I'd missed out on a booking for the whole house. At the moment I'm thinking of just giving two price ranges depending on the number of people - and making the higher price better value on a per person basis.

Or am I just overthinking the whole thing?
Ju

Post by Ju »

Why not limit it in the peak season (say the last 2 weeks in July and all of August) to just the large property, and then offer the appartments the rest of the time.

In our experience letting the larger properties in peak season is easy, but in the lower season it is much harder.

If you haven't let a particular week in the house you could then offer a last minute deal for an appartment, but I doubt if it will be necessary, especially if you have a pool.

Ju
tansy

Post by tansy »

I always find that larger numbers sell quicker peak season...our house sleeps 10 max...off season I'm doing per person.

perhaps do it per person all year with the price for max persons peak time even if only 2 persons there...just like they do in the holiday brochures...prices are calculated on minimum of 10 sharing etc!