PinkUK.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
buxtonhouse

PinkUK.com

Post by buxtonhouse »

Has anyone had any success with this site? The listing is free and it features quite high in a search engine for 'gay friendly accommodation'. We hope to be trading just one hour from Manchester so thought it might be quite good.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

buxtonhouse wrote:Has anyone had any success with this site? The listing is free and it features quite high in a search engine for 'gay friendly accommodation'. We hope to be trading just one hour from Manchester so thought it might be quite good.
I will paraphrase this reply by making it clear that the long-term tenant in one of my properties is “gay� and I have no problems with that. He is one of my best friends and I did nothing to my property in order that it might be more attractive to him nor did he ask me to do so.

I don’t understand. Are you asking an innocent question or have you an embedded hidden agenda? I’m interested in niche marketing so I would like to know; what would one have to do to make one's properties “friendly� for that particular minority predilection?

I am absolutely convinced it has nothing to do with the property; I am sure there is no such thing as “gay friendly accommodation�; I think it has everything to do the attitudes of the people involved, in both directions.

Please explain.

Fluffy
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hi Alan

I understand that the term 'gay friendly' means just what you are saying - that the owners attitude is open to their type of lifestyle.

I think its more to do with 'gay' people feeling they won't have any potential problems with their 'landlords' than anything particular with the property

In the main advertising specifically in 'pink' publications (online or otherwise) is the best way to hit that market. As a sector of the market, they have an awful lot of disposable income....so I would be interested in any tried and tested routes

Buxtonhouse - are you looking for long term rentals or weekenders?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
buxtonhouse

Post by buxtonhouse »

Just that! We are exploring all routes for advertising and marketing. I came across a couple of places that advertised themselves as 'gay friendly'. It's a sad indictment of our society that people have to worry whether accommodation is appropriate to them, but let's not forget that this Government has allowed B and Bs to refuse gay or lesbian customers and still be within the law. Gay friends and family members of ours do check on occasion, particularly when visiting a small town or rural area.
buxtonhouse

Post by buxtonhouse »

oops, PS, weekenders!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

could be very useful for you in that case - big gay scene in manchester, so a large market to aim at. :D

Mouse (who misses Manchester a lot :cry: )
X
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!