Pool showers

For anything to do with the garden and pool
mario

Pool showers

Post by mario »

Our new villa has a pool but I am worried that it does not have an outside shower,is it really neccesary,I know it would reduce the amount of sunscreen in the water if people use it therefore keeping water cleaner but anyone not have one.

By the way looks like I have another booking 2 weeks making five weeks in total now all peak bar 1 week.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Mario....

Id say one was necessary.....Might even be in the Pool Rules in Spain....
I think people would expect to find one
....also do you really want them dripping through your lovely new villa if the want to rinse there hair etc after swimming....
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hi Mario...well done on the bookings!

We have an outside shower and do ask guests to use it prior to swimming.....but judging from the state of the pool sometimes I'd say a lot don't bother. Kiddies coming back from the beach like sand monsters are the worst :roll:

However - as Ros says - there are advantages when the epople that like to use them use them (if you see what I mean :? )

(BTW - a top tip from our pool guy for a 'greasy' film on the pool through too much sunscreen.........put a drop of fairy liquid in the pool whilst the pump is on)

Mousie
X
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

For a property as lovely as yours that appears to have everything, I would put in a pool shower. As has been said, you don't want guests dripping through the villa!
An unobtrusive shower won't take much space or cost a great deal.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Mario...great to hear about your bookings!

I would agree with the others, an outside pool shower is essential.
mario

Post by mario »

Thanks for the opinions,I have got a chap looking after the pool and gardens and has done lots of building work I will ask him cheers.And thanks for that crystal
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I'm being a sheep again and agreeing with everyone else. A pool shower is a real plus. Apart from keeping the pool clean ( altho a lot of people don't use it before going in the pool) a lot of parents seem to wash their children under it ! Less mess in the shower rooms ! They wash pool toys out under it too. Ours has a tap on the bottom as well which I use to water the garden ( yes, we have an outside tap but the pool one is handy for the tubs round the pool).All in all, money well spent. :wink:
Ju

Post by Ju »

I'm going to go the other way - don't bother.

We don't have one at either of our properties, and I have never stayed in a property with one.

My fear would be the total waste of water that would go along with it. I'm not convinced that people would really use it, certainly not the kids and they are the ones with the most sunscreen on.

When camping I often see people avoiding the shower - even when it is at the entrance the the pool and you effectively have to go through it.
For a property as lovely as yours that appears to have everything, I would put in a pool shower. As has been said, you don't want guests dripping through the villa!
I don't understand this - surely they will still be wet! :?
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Ju ! I had one put in our house jsut cos we wanted all the bells and whistles. The house we rent out was done a little more carefully finance wise BUT I just loved ours so much, we had to have one put in. There is a feel good factor with the shower, everyone loves it ! Sometimes we don't swim but just have a shower to cool off . Our showers are the heated type and they are brilliant. I often wash my hair under it and don't then bother showering inside- which actually is eco friendly as the pool showers are solar ones so the water is for free. We all seem to use LESS water outside than we do inside too. My daughters especially spend AGES in the inside showers, much less time outside, less water used. That's it for me. Different opinions,both valid. :lol:
gh

Post by gh »

I had the same opinion as you Ju until we rented a place that had one. Brilliant feeling showering outside in the sunshine, granted the majority of guests may not use it but we have had good feedback from previous guests who have.

Ours is not as posh as yours Fraise, hot water from the house with an in-line adjustable thermostate and push button water flow control, which helps lower water usage.

Helen
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Same as Ju, I don't have a pool shower either - it is on my list, but I'm not sure where it would go. The only comment I've had saying I would be a good idea to get one was from a Spanish guest, no-one else has ever mentioned the lack of one.
If the majority of Helens guests never use it, I may put it further down my to do list than it is already!
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Another vote for a solar heated shower next to the pool.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

The thing is, geographically speaking with over 300 days of sunshine an outside pool shower is essential in southern Spain and is expected by most guests who are used to holidaying in these parts.

Every apartment/hotel complex and the majority of private homes that have pools (by standard) have an outside pool shower....even our beaches are equiped with showers!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Our pool shower uses water from our underground source, so costs virtually nothing to run. It does get used when the weather's hot but, as we don't heat the shower water, it's not too inviting when the weather's cooler. I can't recall anybody commenting on the shower one way or the other, so I would guess that it's handy for guests to have available but not too important.

Jim