Reasonable pool hours

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Hells Bells

Reasonable pool hours

Post by Hells Bells »

In November, when our pool was almost ready for completion, we received a letter from the Syndicat asking for our views on the pool rules, and the opening hours. They seemed to be reasonable, 4pm-8pm each day during the ski season, being altered to longer hours in the summer. However, in reality this hasn;t happened, and we were unable to use the pool at all in the first week of our holidays, and there seems to be no pattern to the opening hours. What has actually happened is 5pm-8pm outside French holidays and all day during the half-term period,
A query to the 'gardien' indicated that he was being directed by the Syndicat on a more or less daily basis as to when he could open it, depending on how many residents/guests were there, and that owners had complained about the bill they had received for the pool heating.IT was meant to be heated by the geothermal springs, so should have been negligible.
This is meant to be a luxury residence, with luxury facilities, so I am about to compose yet another letter indiciating my dissatisfaction,although previous letters and emails in both English and French, have been unanswered. So what should I say this time?
A-two

Post by A-two »

Helen,
I would send the next letter Fedex, so you have a tracking number and they have to sign for it.

I have more questions than answers as to what you actually say to them unfortunately, because it's not clear who is responsible for making the decisions. You say the gardien takes instructions from the Syndicat, but if some owners complain, arrangements are changed suddenly without informing the rest of the owners? That doesn't sound right.

I would dig out the paperwork that talks about your rights as an owner, then quote it back at them. politely but firmly. I'm sure it doesn't just apply to the pool, it applies to all aspects of the property management, so it needs straightening out. You are an owner, you have rights, you don't have to accept being ignored. Even if you have no say in what happens, you are still entitled to rely on their published pool opening hours, not have some random person deciding to open it when it suits him/her.

Good Luck!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Joanne, thanks for that. I have dug out all the letters and paperwork, but I think the main problem is that as the remainder of the site was only completed in December, we have yet to have an AGM which will enable us to sort out these things. I suspect it will take place sometime in the summer. I sent my previous letter as 'International Signed for' , so I know it was received, and have had a read recipt for my emails . The problems don't seem to be being addressed, and definitely need resolving. The French tend to think people only holiday when they do, and that things should not be open when they aren't using their property. I can see a case for restricted hours outside of the ski season and summer holidays, after all there may even be times when all of the apartments are empty. The temperature has also been reduced to a level where I could not even go in on one occasion, although hubby managed a few lengths before getting out. It was only around 23c I think.
Explanation-owners compaining about high electricity bill. Some answers are needed, so I will try another round of letter writing, and forward another copy to the notaire.