I have my first comments in our guest book and....

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Foxandsot

I have my first comments in our guest book and....

Post by Foxandsot »

...they are actually quite nice!!!

They mentioned that they were first in, so everything new, that the villa was delightful and well appointed with lots of thoughtful touches!! They then went on to make lots of recommendations of things to do!

I'm so pleased, I know I have the critique from them to look forward to :( but at least not every guest is going to be reading about the problems they had with electrics!!

:D

Mx
enid

Post by enid »

i'm delighted - their tips will be useful for you too to get those little niggles perfect. Well done :D
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Thanks Enid...I am sort of looking forward to their critique, it's good to get other peoples perspectives on things. In the meantime I sent them an Olive tree to remind them of Cyprus and hopefully they will go easy on me!! :D
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Great news Foxy! I'm so pleased for you that things turned out well in the end! :D
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I'm pleased they turned out to senisble and reasonable epole foxy! And so nice to have a lovely start to your visitors book :D

I'm sure they won't be as hard on you in their feedback as you think...they certainly knew you were concerned about things and I think that is the main thing when you're on holiday and experiencing a problem.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
A-two

Post by A-two »

Foxandsot wrote:I sent them an Olive tree to remind them of Cyprus and hopefully they will go easy on me!! :D
That was truly inspired. I would rebook on the basis of that gesture alone - thoughtful, considerate, apt, original, a gift that goes on giving. It's worth everything.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Oh thank goodness, all's well that ends well. What did you do about the refund in the end, tell them while they were still there or what ?

An olive tree, what an imaginative peeps you are Michelle, how did you arrange that one.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Partridge wrote:Oh thank goodness, all's well that ends well. What did you do about the refund in the end, tell them while they were still there or what ?
We haven't refunded them yet. We never heard from them again, whilst they were away, so rather than call them, I thought I would wait until they got back and see what issues they bring up and go from there.

The olive tree is from Next (they do flower deliveries too), it wasn't that much more than a bouquet of flowers. Here's hoping they want to be reminded of Cyprus! :D

Joanna - thanks for your kind words.

Mx