Cheeky Request

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Can't access the original photos, so I can't see what it used to look like, but by all accounts you've done a grand job firebug!

Do you fancy coming to work with me at the photoclinic?!! :wink: :D

(PS Monochrome prints are my thang too!!!!)
enid

Post by enid »

I know you could have done it NC but I wasn't going to ask and firebug saw it first. Actually I am feeling a bit strange today - there's my little baby all grown up and married - feeling a bit old and emotional. When I see his smile with not a filling at 29 years old I'm gald I was strict about sweet things etc when he was young. K has been away for a week but back tonight and weight or no weight we're going out to eat!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Enid, I just LOVE that b+w photo (great work, Firebug)..your son and his bride look so utterly happy. It really shines out of the picture in a very touching way. You want to reach out with a magic wand and stop the world just there...if only one could.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Great Photos a Happy Day and will give you fond memeories for many years to come Im sure.... :wink:

Clever Firebug..... :wink: :roll:

I know what you mean Enid..there still our little one how ever big they grow...one of those happy sad..bittersweet..moments :wink:
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Enid, I am not at all offended, I am glad that Firebug was able to help out too, and I meant what I said about he/she helping me out if I ever do get around to setting up a photo-editting business!

When I said "monochrome prints are my thang", I meant that before digital, I always used to shoot in monochrome, and I used to have my own darkroom and do all my own developing and printing (this was before children obviously!!!!!)

And I still prefer monochrome and often convert my digital images to monochrome anyway. :D

See some of my (morbid!) prints here: www.deadfamous.wordpress.com
And if anyone can suggest any publishers who could help me - any assistance/suggestions gratefully received!!!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi Enid - what super photos - have been meaning to ask you about the wedding, but the album tells it all: a fantastic record.

Enid, (in red folks,) you look great, and very happy, as do the newlyweds. Oz for their honeymoon - lucky so-and-so's!!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Enid,
I've now been able to access the photos - they are really great! Who was the photographer?

It really does make such a difference that they are in monochrome - wouldn't have had such an impact if they had been in colour...
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Enid said
feeling a bit old and emotional.
Now..now...a little less of the 'old' bit! :wink:
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

What fabulous photos! Far nicer than the staged variety. You must be soooo proud!

My eldest son will be off to uni this autumn and he's never even brought a girlfriend home! Even a boyfriend would do :) I kind of feel I'm missing out on a stage of development somehow. :( Little does he know that I'll be showing up at his hall of residence to see what's going on :wink:

Your son and his wife just look so happy together I hope they stay like that forever and ever.....(weddings make me all mushy).
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Know how you feel BW, we said to our nearly 17 year old. 'You know you can bring a girl home anytime?' He said ' What!!! to meet you?' :cry:

It will soon pass don't worry.

Ruth
enid

Post by enid »

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments about the photos - I liked them but then I would!!!!
I did feel a bit mumsy posting about the wedding at all but I am so proud of my two children (I know we all are) but my two had seen some pretty nasty things when they were young and we had a lot of difficulties to overcome - you'lll need your tissues when you see the film - so seeing then having come through all that to be happy, balanced adults is a bonus. Thanks again - and special thanks to Firebug - what a star :)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We've never had any girlfriends home either :roll: . what is the world coming to when you can;t be an embarassing parent. :D . The eldest is off to uni in the autumn too. Great photo.