DO YOU DESERVE A HOLIDAY?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Reddevil,

Sorry I have just got round to catching up with website reviews so I am just seeing your calls for my attention now.

These are my thoughts on your site, in chronological order:

Homepage:
- Spanish Cosy Homes...sounds like a smallish rental agency. That will put some people off and they will leave. Others will not click through to your site in the first place because of the name. But then again some WILL click through because they want to see the site of a multiple-property company.

- The Torrevieja logo - is it yours or an official one? It doesn't "say" anything to me so to answer your question, no it isn't enticing me to explore further (but as I have never been to Spain :oops: I am not your target market). That logo occupies a key piece of real estate on your homepage. It is one of the first things people look at. If memory serves people tend to look at the main pic first, then the logo at top left, then the heading. So if Torrevieja is a well-known destination offering a distinctive type of holiday, that logo is probably worth having there.

- Top left pic of row of houses, as has been said, is not selling the place well.

- Top right pic...I am not normally a fan of people in pictures of your rental property, but she does look nice and she is smiling, so that does draw me in. But I think you would be better off putting a more important pic here, like the pool.

- The text at the top is a bit schizophrenic - it says it's a luxury villa, but also cheap and low priced. That doesn't fill me with confidence!

Villa Description page:
Good stuff, but for me too much repetition of 'your villa'. I know I advise using 'you' and 'your' so you are talking about the renter and not yourself, but it comes across as gimmicky when it is done to this extent, because plainly it is not their villa.

Links menu:
Yes there are a lot but there is a lot of great information here - you've really made the effort to make this an informative site about the area. I really like the fact you have supplied reviews of restaurants and bars. I would add little pics of some of these too, to give a flavour of the nightlife.

I think I would, as has been suggested above, prioritise the links for the villa, by capitalizing them, or putting them in a different colour or background.

On a minor point, I find there is too much space between the Torrevieja logo and the links menu.

I don't find the green background offensive or hard on the eye by the way.

There is so much good information here that will make this site 'sticky' for the visitor, as long as he/she gets to it. For that you need one or two stronger pics at the top. And I think design-wise it looks like your homepage needs to pull its trousers up! There is a bit too much of a gap halfway down, both in the links and the body copy.
Paolo
Lay My Hat