Save 48% on Vista installation?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Mountain Goat

Save 48% on Vista installation?

Post by Mountain Goat »

Legal full install for upgrade price:

http://windowssecrets.com/comp/070201#story1

Haven't got the slightest interest myself, but enjoy.....

MG
mvus

Post by mvus »

Visited a friend yesterday to show them how to capture video on his new laptop with Vista. As a 12 year Mac user my Windows knowledge is very limited and usually makes me stressed.
Vista looks very nice and plugging in the fast external Firewire hard drive everything was going well. Connected the 3 month old Sony camcorder and up pops a screen every 2 minutes saying it was looking for drivers and none found. Go to Sony website and no driver for Vista

Ah, he said that happened when he tried to connect his phone, PDA, scanner

OK, we'll move on to compression and download DIVX. Go to website and no version for Vista.

Seems like a good OS but limited 3rd party support so maybe worth waiting 6 months
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

The usual advice for MS operating systems is to wait at least until Service Pack 1 has been issued.

Fluffy
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I always assumed that something like this would have been released in the States at least 6 months previously and the bugs would have been squashed by the time it made it across to Europe.

Was Vista released at the same time?

MG
mvus

Post by mvus »

Well it was expected to be released in 2003 but took 5 and a half years and several billion dollars so I'm surprised to see this happen. Must be really annoying for anyone who buys a new computer like he did http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmen ... dows_Vista
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I have a new laptop with Vista...I hate it. Takes forever to start-up and shut down...and you can't run all your old programs as they aren't compatible yet!!!! this is not a big deal for some...but I have a six year old who has a bunch of educational games that won't work now :-(
it is pretty though :-)
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Was Vista released at the same time?
Yes. :)

I agree with mvus, best to wait at least 6 months, until compatibility issues are resolved.
Brooke