Holiday Villas Magazine

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
janskov

Holiday Villas Magazine

Post by janskov »

Anybody with experience from advertising with Holiday Villas Magazine?
And / or their web site villaseek com?

I was contacted by phone and they have mailed the magazine to me for review.
It seems nice enough, but is it something the the UK audience will read?
Ali

Holiday Villas Magazine

Post by Ali »

They phoned me as well and sent me the magazine.

I couldn't see the point of it for us because our gite is a country cottage in central France and everything about the magazine suggests seaside resorts on the Spanish costas or similar. In fact, when I flicked through the magazine I couldn't find France at all to begin with. I looked it up in the Contents page and found 1 entry!

The other problem is the enormous cost - it was something like £800 a year - but they were offering a half price deal for the first year (reeeally generous!)

It may work if your property matches the image they are conveying but the only way they would get me to advertise is if they gave me space for at least 3 months for free.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

For our line of business, internet advertising gets results and at a fraction of the cost of an advert in a magazine or newspaper.
£800 is alot of money to gamble in a magazine advert with no guarantee that you will get bookings.
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi Jan,

A neighbour used this magazine as her only means of advertising for a number of years successfully. However, enquiries and bookings reduced substantially over the last number of years and she had absolutely no booking at all for this Summer. Photosize is tiny unless you pay $$$ for half page!

I was offered some deal about a year ago for £275 from them but I still wasn´t tempted.

Maria
janskov

Post by janskov »

Many thanks to all of you for answering.
I was considering it because my Internet requests have completely dried out - even if there are still visitors to the web sites.
So I though that I must look for alternative channels.
cyprus andy

Magazine advertising

Post by cyprus andy »

we have just purchased a full page listing for the next 8 additions. £1100 sterling.

fingers crossed it works. will keep you posted on a rush in bookings and villa rentals!!

begins june edition! out in may?? work that out
www.pervoliahomeservices.com
Larnaca rental properties Cyprus
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

It would be interesting to see the results. Although I do think £1100 is alot to 'gamble' up front for an advert in only 8 additions! :shock: Fingers crossed, I do hope it succeeds in bringing you lots of bookings.
Let us know how you get on Andy.

(Edit..missed the 'know' out in the last sentence....speed typing again...just as bad as my 'speed reading'! :roll: )
Last edited by Guest3 on Fri May 04, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yep Andy :) ...

Good luck keep us posted :wink: