I cleaned it up a bit

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
eamonn

I cleaned it up a bit

Post by eamonn »

Hi guys
I took all advice given and cleaned my site up somewhat, what do you guys think? Is it better or do you think I need to work it some more?
Eamonn
i,ve been everywhere man!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi Eammon! Quick 2p's worth.
House and location are great! I like the floorplan/map and the easy view availibility is good.

Your first page seems a bit long... Can you maybe put the Live Help and A1 button on the same line to bring it up a bit? Maybe make your slideshow a bit smaller?

You've mixed the fonts on some of the pages, comic sans on front and Ariel or similar on location. Think it is maybe best to stick to one font throughout. Also, there have been discussions re accessibility of sites, I mentioned I'd been told by a web designer to be aware of coloured fonts for people with colour blindness (apparently 20% of the population of UK) There's a link on the forum somewhere to check out your site for accessibility.

Your "More Photos" page seems a bit wide, (and the floorplan page) I had to scroll to see it all. Bottom pic and the barmaid could maybe be lightened up a bit?

I like your very clear form too. I don't know if you are aiming just at the U.S market but maybe amend zip code to zip/post code?

Hope these comments are helpful :) Sue
paolo

Post by paolo »

I like the changes you made. I would still make it clear at the top where this is, because people may not take in the logo with 'donegal' in it. It would also help with search engines if you mention location names on your homepage.

I can't read the text on your floorplan, and my eyesight is pretty good!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
eamonn

WEBSITE REVIEW

Post by eamonn »

Hi paolo
Thankyou very much for taking a look, I made some changes hopefully it looks better.Again thanks for your input.
Regards Eamonn
i,ve been everywhere man!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Your site keeps getting better, that top pic is now really good. If you are able to show a wider shot with more water in, to show the sort of expansive view you'll get from the house, that would be even better.

Your banner is now really telling us what we are talking about. There is something a bit odd going in with the little picture on the left of the banner, it's half obscured with green.

It's all more legible, honed, sharp - it's sweet as a nut!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
jimadept

Post by jimadept »

Love the new photos, much much better. This site is shaping up really well.

The photos on the More Photos page appear squeezed flatter than normal, I don't know if this is deliberate. I would harmonise the typefaces with the main page.

Couple of typos here and there:
"we have put a lot of thought *in*to all of *the* am*m*enities"
*C*elts
The panoramic views from the site make*s* this
After a visit to Glenveigh Castle or hiking in the Glengesh Pass or maybe tak*ing* in the view from Slieve League (the highest ocean front cliffs in Europe)

I hope you'll be pleased to hear I'm jealous of both your property and your website!

Good luck, Jim