Anyone familiar with this enquiry ?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
charliechoice

Anyone familiar with this enquiry ?

Post by charliechoice »

We have received a message on our mobile today, from a company called 'Crew Wise'. Judging by the message they work on behalf of British Airways, providing accomodation for BA staff and personnel.They would like to know if we would be interested in renting our apartment out to them. So if anyone could provide any info before I return the call, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks Phil.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

They call up quite regularly, probably due to our ads in various BA Staff publications. They try and give the impression they are connected with BA, but I haven't seen anything that convinces me that they are; from memory earlier versions of the site had a sprinkling of BA-type logos.*

Their main site is crewise.com and they have a holiday let section here which is reasonably dire, with some dodgy entries to beef it out (at least in our area). £100 / year seems optimistic for an entry and there are better ways of advertising to travel industry employees.

MG
*not dissimilar from an early caprine enterprise in fact. 8)
charliechoice

Post by charliechoice »

Mountain Goat,
many thanks for the reply. Saved me the cost of a phone call.

Regards Phil.
Angel

Post by Angel »

They called me the other day. Got my contact details from Holiday Lettings which I'm not happy about.

Their only USP seemed to be that they didn't start charging the GBP100 until you got the first booking.

But I won't bother.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Having read the book "Air Babylon" I would not want any cabin crew staying at my house under any circumstances. LOL :lol: :lol:

(Apologies to any air cabin crew reading this, I know that is just a greneralisation and you are nice people really and not all like those in that book..... or are you?? :wink: )
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

NC
There's an ancient thread buried somewhere on LMH explaining how considerate airline crews are, and in general are very good about topping up any bottles of booze which have been lying around - it's just a habit learned the hard way from the excessive cost of hotel mini-bars - you don't want too much info on this, as you'll never use a mini-bar again.

MG
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

EEEEuuukkk!!!

If you're insinuating what I think you're insinuating, that's totally gross! :? :shock:
linda147

Post by linda147 »

just posted about this company on Rental Listing sites as they have contacted me today!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Mmm, 'fraid so, NC. But if you have to, a simple tip - just keep off the whisky and white wine in those mini-bars - even in posh hotels. But I'm with you on this one - I think this whole recycling thing has gone far too far.

This is a candidate for Thread Creep, sorry.

MG