www.deniaholidayselegance.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Scaff

www.deniaholidayselegance.com

Post by Scaff »

Just looking for some feedback on my new site to see if I can improve on anything.
Stephen. www.deniaholidayselegance.com .
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Scaff:

I like your color scheme and your overall layout -- simple and high-contrast. Well done!

The first thing that jumps out at me is that just from looking at your front page, I don't know several things that I ought to know: 1) what country your apartment is in, and b) that this page is advertising an apartment to rent. I got the impression at first that it's a page advertising Denia in general.

Your header image has a lot of potential to be wonderful -- but for me it's a bit pixelated and it's very stretched. I think this is because I have very high monitor resolution, and your page size seems to be percentage-based. So, when my browser is maximized, the images get stretched beyond recognition, whereas if I had a smaller monitor they would look fine. That's definitely something to look into, as it looked very strange at first.

Your photos all seem to have been taken on a sunny day, which is great -- but the layout of the captions are a little confusing to me. I keep thinking a caption is for the image right below or above it, and it's actually talking about the photo to one side of it. Is there a way to make it obvious which photo goes with which caption?

I think the idea of "representative" photos and artist's renditions is a great idea, at least until you can get some photos of your own place and the finished complex up on the webpage.

I would love it if you could click on some of the pictures shown to the side of your text and see enlarged versions!

I know my review is a bit of a rush job -- but hopefully it's a start!

Cheers!
Brooke
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Hi vrooje and thanks.Did not relize that before but you'er right about the first page it dose not realy tell you what it should, it could be a site for a number of thing's at first glance, that's somthing that I will look at.I will also take onboard you'er other valid advice.
stephen.
TerryKearns

Post by TerryKearns »

Don't center too much of your text.

This page is easy to read:
deniaholidayselegance.com/dhe/index.htm

These aren't so easy:
deniaholidayselegance.com/dhe/apartment.htm
deniaholidayselegance.com/dhe/complex.htm
chris_haze

Post by chris_haze »

Hi Stephen

I am not an expert on websites having only just built my own very simple one, so I am reviewing this as someone who would be looking for holiday accommodation - no technical comments then, just practical comments.

Home Page
It does not tell you what the accommodation is and how many it caters for. When I am looking for accomm for 2 people I hate to have to go through several pages only to find out that its for 8 - and probably vice versa. I didn't know how many people yours sleeps (8 people) until the 'Availability' page. You may want to put this on your Home Page.

Home Page again.
There is a typing error where you say 'you and you family', I expect you want it to read 'you and your family'.

Apartment page.
The pictures of the apartment give a good impression of the interior which is obviously fitted out to a high standard. The wording by the sides of the pictures though, does not emphasise the features enough. For example, next to the kitchen photo there is a long paragraph with only one comma which all reads as one sentance and doesn't therefore, emphasise the terrific features being listed. I read this 2 or 3 times before I took everything in. Perhaps it might be better to seperate the features in the kitchen with dashes (wonderful cooker - fabulous quality worktops - ) so as to highlight each of the features to be found there, or simply to add a few commas to seperate them.

General comments
I thought the site was attractive and gave lots of information, I didn't mind the artists impressions as I think its better to give these than nothing until you have new photos. Obviously, the facilities are going to be extensive when the development is finished.
I think you gave sufficient information for families to know that there is plenty for everybody including the kids to do, even on days when the weather is not so good.
All in all an attractive site that was easy to navigate around, I hope you do well with it and that my comments are of some help.

Good Luck
Hazel
Scaff

Post by Scaff »

Thank's Hazel and Terry I will take notes of you'er coments.
Stephen.