Different rents for higher number of tenants...

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mrs Beeton

Different rents for higher number of tenants...

Post by Mrs Beeton »

I have previously had quite a low rent on my property as it is a very small house, two bedrooms but a large undecorated attic at the top. The price I thought reflected this. My tenant has had the house full of other people, so called friends, not sublets.

If more people are continuously living in the preperty do I have any right to increase the rent in view of this.

Does anyone know a clause I can add to the contract to avoid this problem please?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Mrs B,

Please refer to my reply in the thread “My tenant has moved out and installed another in his place!!�

Of course you could include in your letting agreement a sliding scale charge according to how many people were occupying the property at any one time but that would bring with it its own problems.

By doing so you would clearly be anticipating and giving your consent to some form of multiple occupancy and, at the same time, you would lose all control of who was is in legal occupation of your property.

Fluffy
Fil

Post by Fil »

Many people charge according to the number of people ocuppying the property. Just state that in you prices and ask in advance for a detailed list of occupants that you can check on arrival. Of course there is a risk of fraud. But isn't there always ?