Terrazas de la Torre

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.

Would this site keep people interested enough to book

Yes
33%
Maybe
27%
Not at all
40%

Total votes: 15

Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Alan, just goes to show don't go for a quick pint with your mates and come back and try and answer questions on a forum.
Pragmatic not Prognostic, sorry, just a silly mistake.
I don't feel that I am trying to relate to the size of the apartment, can you point me in the direction of where I am trying to do this, all I am saying is that it is a large development and that anyone who books can be part of it. A visitor to the site should be able to see for themselves how big the apartment is from the http://www.terrazasdelatorreapartment.com/plan.html page. as I have pointed out before this is not the final website just a holding site until the development is completed. What I am trying to get from this forum is the general feel of the website and whether the general feel/look is acceptable.

Angel, there is a link to google maps on http://www.terrazasdelatorreapartment.com/bigpic.html
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Billywiz wrote:Alan, just goes to show don't go for a quick pint with your mates and come back and try and answer questions on a forum.
Are you joking with me or are you being serious?

The joke is that you went out for a quick pint with your mates and finished up buying an apartment at Las Terrazas de La Torre. The serious thing is that I can’t get a decent pint where I live.

To be truly serious you said:-
What I am trying to get from this forum is the general feel of the website and whether the general feel/look is acceptable.
and my answer is a positive one on both counts.

Fluffy
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

I saw your site very early on and have seen the improvements, but being virtually computer illiterate, I didn't want to be the first to comment.
It looks much better now, especially with the information in one line ( it was disjointed before ) and without the distracting flashing centre pictures. It loads very quickly and if a numpty like me can navigate around it, I am sure most of your viewers will be able to ! Whew - what a lot of work, Good luck.
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Sorry Alan I meant me coming back from having a drink and posting on the forum, looking at my post it does look as though I was referring to you, apologies. You were almost right about having a pint and buying the apartment because that is almost what I did. Last year we were out with some friends discussing how nice it would be to have somewhere in Spain to retreat to and I said let's not talk about it let's do it and that is just what we did. Again, apologies if you took my post the wrong way it was not my intention to suggest that you had just come from the pub.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Billy, I looked at your site when you originally posted, but didn't have time to do a critique but everything I didn't like has been covered - menu navigation, the pop up thing etc. It looks so much better now! The only thing is the font size on the availability page, it is smaller than the font used on the rest of the site.
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Hello La Vache, thank you for your time assessing my site. I have left the font smaller on that page because to fit that text onto the page without causing an horizontal scroll it has to be Comic Sans 8. If I made it 10 then in 800x600 there would be a scroll bar and this is a no no as far as websites are concerned. Thank you for pointing it out.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I really like that font Billy, and thinks it works well with the line drawings. It's readable at the size it is on the availability page, but I know what LV means.

GG - with scroll bar!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

No problem with that title accent on Dios with IE, but getting it in all versions of Firefox.

MG
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Billy..

Your place looks lovely ...Friends of mine have places on Golf Courses and do really well so Im sure you will..Your websites nice as well...[im so untechy its untrue but you seem to be getting helpful suggestions with that as well]

They are a nice bunch on here and Im sure you will find them helpful I know I have :) .....

Were in Spain and do well with rentings the flts are a goodbonus as well...
Whether its for you or your potential guests..Polaris has had a lot of advertising in Spain and Im sure you will do well..someone else quite new on here has one similar and has done very well with bookings....maybe theyll remind me... :roll:

Good Luck :!:
and hopefully we will see you making other posts nice to have new Blood and different views it always enriches a Forum I think.. :wink:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

All,

I’m surprised at the results of the poll so far. Only 11% in favour!

I find the site attractive and somehow refreshingly different from the “run of the mill�. It is informative although somewhat lacking in real detail. As a "holding" site it looks pretty good to me.

Fluffy
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The poll's unfair, because I think it showed our initial opinion before we suggested the tweaks.

I tried to change, but I guess the system knows when we've voted. If Bwiz set it up again results could be different?

MG
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi MG Ive just voted and I totally agree I would have said no initially especially the Loggy in bit...

[naughty Mountie trying to vote twice tsk tsk....Paolos ahead of you on that one...of course though what if Mrs Mountie wants to vote....Oh what a dilemma :roll: ....] :wink: :)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Good suggestion MG, if it can be done?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I spose if not he could do another post with a

what dyareckon now bit....

See what happens when I interfere in a Techy bit :roll:
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Perhaps if Admin read this thread they can delete the poll for me and I will put a new one on. It isn't really important as I can see from the replies that there was a vast improvement in the website and that I am now getting positive feedback from members so thanks to everyone for your responses.