Bad feeling

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Hells Bells

Bad feeling

Post by Hells Bells »

I received a booking via my automatic calendar while I was on holiday before Easter. The deposit was paid, and I emailed them later thanking them for the booking.Received no reply, no read receipt, nothing. I recently emailed the invoice for the balance, and although it isn't due to be paid for another couple of weeks, I'm starting to get jumpy, as I still haven't had any indication that the email has been received or read. I telephoned on Sunday, but there was no reply and no answerphone.
gpck

Post by gpck »

Most people seem to switch off the automatic sending of 'read receipts'...

They could have been out for the day on Sunday - try phoning again this evening, and if no luck, presumably you have an address where you can send another invoice by Recorded Delivery or Registered Post so you can track delivery/receipt...

gpck
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Helen,

I had a similar experience recently. And yes, it can be nerve-wracking! It turned out they used an e-mail address for the paypal payment that they rarely look at so they didn't immediately see my follow-up emails. But they paid the balance in good time and were lovely people.

If you have a phone number, you can check the phone book to see if the name and number match - I did that! It helped put my mind at rest that at least they were genuine. Then you could try calling around dinner time on a week night, when they're more likely to be in.

Fingers crossed - but I'm sure it will all be fine! :)
Lounging on the lily pad...
Taff2

Post by Taff2 »

Hi Helen,

If you've got a landline number for them this is a useful little
gadget :-

ukphoneinfo.com/section/tci/locator.shtml

You can use it to see if the phone number jells with
any address you've been given.

Cheers

Ian
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Still no reply on the landline, I am going to leave it for the weekend as I am going away for a couple of days, and try on Monday. It is possible they are away, it is just very strange that they haven't replied to anything I have sent them since they paid a deposit in April.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Hi Helen

Maybe they have changed their email address. Perhaps if you have a postal address for them, you could write directly (registered post so you know when it was received).

When you get back from your hols you may have a reply?

Best of luck anyway
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Helen :) ..

Let us know how it goes.
.useful link Ian..might be useful thanks... :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Over the weekend I have received the payment of the balance into my Paypal account, but not the payment for the damage deposit (due to recent problems with partial refunds, I asked for it to be paid separately). I will phone her next weekend if the damage deposit has not been paid (it's due then). I need a mobile no for her in case our apartment manager needs to contact her.