Your Thoughts Appreciated- many thanks

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
petemcveigh

Your Thoughts Appreciated- many thanks

Post by petemcveigh »

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to review my site and offer suggestions. Some excellent advice and I will be incorporating into a rebuild over the next few weeks.

Regarding the charging, this is a really interesting area which has cost me a lot of thought! I reckon my villa is worth more, I have all the usual costs to meet, however (and it is a big however) I am watching the market and the average weekly price in the Disney area is falling as more and more villas become available- it really is a rentors market! There is, obviously, a line beneath which I do not want to go (and I am very close to it!), but still want to cover my costs/ wear & tear). Interested to hear from other owners in 'tight' markets.

Again, many thanks to everyone who gave of their time and expertise. It's a great forum and I hope I can 'pay back' soon.

Pete
gpck

Re: Your Thoughts Appreciated- many thanks

Post by gpck »

petemcveigh wrote: Regarding the charging, this is a really interesting area which has cost me a lot of thought! I reckon my villa is worth more, I have all the usual costs to meet, however (and it is a big however) I am watching the market and the average weekly price in the Disney area is falling as more and more villas become available- it really is a rentors market! There is, obviously, a line beneath which I do not want to go (and I am very close to it!), but still want to cover my costs/ wear & tear).

Pete
Don't worry about the average rates - charge the rate you need to at least cover your costs. A more experienced owner we know, uses the following formula to calculate her rental rates:

Make a spreadsheet to calculate your annual costs, including mortgage and property taxes etc., and divided the total by 26, and use the resulting figure as your base weekly rate to charge guests. This way, if you get 26 weeks rentals, you will cover your costs, and any more than that will be profit.

We have increased our prices each year, and this year has been our best one so far - so you don't have to charge low rates to get the bookings...
gpck