Is this a normal style booking enquiry?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

Thanked them for their enquiry, said I would hold the dates for a few days, and asked them to complete our booking form. Also said since it was less than 6 weeks to their arrival date the full amount was payable immediately. It does say two adults and two children, and our booking form does ask the ages of the "children".

Margaret
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Margaret, I don't know what others do, but if it's only an enquiry, I take the view that it's too soon to hold the slot - I do that when people are sounding more than a bit interested, and may eg want to check with the others in the party before confirming they want to go ahead and book? So it's also too soon on that basis to start talking about booking forms. I know that this enquiry is for a date that is quiter near, but at the same time you want to sound keen and helpful but not over-eager. Delicate balance!

Here's a typical reply that I send:

"Hi Helen and thanks for your inquiry and kind comments.

Yes, I can confirm that the week in question is available. If there is anything else you need to know, ask away. Meanwhile, have you seen our website? It has lots more photos and information on it. If not, it's www.gasconymagic.com

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards

Gascony Goat"
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
The Olive Grove

Gascony Goat wrote:Margaret, I don't know what others do, but if it's only an enquiry, I take the view that it's too soon to hold the slot - I do that when people are sounding more than a bit interested, and may eg want to check with the others in the party before confirming they want to go ahead and book? So it's also too soon on that basis to start talking about booking forms. I know that this enquiry is for a date that is quiter near, but at the same time you want to sound keen and helpful but not over-eager. Delicate balance!

Here's a typical reply that I send:

"Hi Helen and thanks for your inquiry and kind comments.

Yes, I can confirm that the week in question is available. If there is anything else you need to know, ask away. Meanwhile, have you seen our website? It has lots more photos and information on it. If not, it's www.gasconymagic.com

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards

Gascony Goat"
Point taken GG. Told you all I have a lot to learn. They did say they wanted to book it, hence the booking form, and the fact that it is only 3 weeks away. I do take your point very seriously though, and will remember it when (if) I get another enquiry.

Margaret
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Oops, goat moment - again! Sorry Margaret, and I hope they do book - let us know! And of course you'll get another enquiry, and more than just the one too! The apartment looks super. Had a week in Puglia last year and a lovely time.
The Olive Grove

Gascony Goat wrote:Oops, goat moment - again! Sorry Margaret, and I hope they do book - let us know! And of course you'll get another enquiry, and more than just the one too! The apartment looks super. Had a week in Puglia last year and a lovely time.
Thanks GG. We are still working on improvements, and better photos. It is lovely down here. Do you think we are likely to get more enquiries when we have been advertising for a little longer. Maybe people are put of by the "this advertiser has been advertising with us since xxx" which is not very long?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

No, to some people it's a selling point I think Margaret - the thought of a new property, untouched by human holiday-maker! But you need to make sure you're being found - are you currently on more than one listing site?
The Olive Grove

Gascony Goat wrote:No, to some people it's a selling point I think Margaret - the thought of a new property, untouched by human holiday-maker! But you need to make sure you're being found - are you currently on more than one listing site?
Currently on:
ACOMODO.CO.UK
arrangeyourvacation.com
Better-holidays.com
euroholidaylets.com
Holiday-rentals.co.uk
homebookers.com
medvilla.eu

any other (not too expensive) I should be looking at?
istrianholidays

Post by istrianholidays »

Owners Direct?
Holiday Lettings

... if I were looking for a place like yours, I woud google "villa puglia pool" ...and the first 2 places to come are Owners Direct. If I add self-catering, the Holiday Lettings properties come up.

Rgds,

Jen
The Olive Grove

istrianholidays wrote:Owners Direct?
Holiday Lettings

... if I were looking for a place like yours, I woud google "villa puglia pool" ...and the first 2 places to come are Owners Direct. If I add self-catering, the Holiday Lettings properties come up.

Rgds,

Jen
Sorry, forgot Owners Direct. Isn't Holiday Lettings the one that keeps your money until after your guests have been and gone - or am I confusing it with another site. Only been trying to get advertising sorted since April, so am suffering from listing site overload at present - can't remember which is which.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No thats Villarenters. Holiday Lettings are just a normal listing site.
The Olive Grove

Thanks Helen - will look into them as well then.

Margaret