Emailing photo's.

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Glenos

Emailing photo's.

Post by Glenos »

Hi guys :D

I have recently got a Vista Premium op' system pc, having had XP previously. I cannot for some reason send my photo's by Email as a dialog box pops up and says " Processing cannot continue". I have clicked all over the place and I cannot find anything that tells me about why this is. I have checked the cameras handbook also, nada. The camera is a decent quality Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1. When I had XP I had no problems at all. Any help would be much appreciated as I need to get some piccies off to various people and get my holiday letting attempt on the road.

Thanks in anticipation. Glenos (technophobius-thickus :roll: )
Stu

Post by Stu »

Have a look on Microsoft's website and see if there's any info there? The only thing I'd say is to ditch Vista until it becomes a stable system, say in ten years time? Sorry....couldn't resist. :wink:
Glenos

re..

Post by Glenos »

Hi, cheers for that, I'll have a look.
Yes, Vista does need dumping, It's hopeless.
Vista Premium Sabotage Edition :?
Glenos

Lights, camera, action!

Post by Glenos »

Now sorted. Oou what a palava :roll: :D
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

do you mind me asking how you did it?? I have the same vista problem (and with my videos too..used to juts be able to puld in the litle video camera and click "email"!! now...the grandparents are suffereing without videos of the only grand-child :-) anyway...the only way I can email photos is to save them as a file and then email as an attatchment...works fine...but love it if you've figured out a better way with Vista!

p.s. to everyoe who will now be chiming in to tell me I shouldn't have bouoght vista, etc...had NO CHOICE...I am in the US...my computer died. all new systems were being sold with vista (yes...I know, I know...could have gotten uses...could have shopped on some business site, etc....I needed a computer...and I needed to just be able to call Dell and have one shipped to my door ;-) so now...have Vista...which is not so bad...just the photo/video/movie maker issues!!)
Glenos

Post by Glenos »

Hey Musseta :D
Sorry to disapoint, but I'm going into 'public folders' (pictures) and attaching them pretty much the way you describe.
I spoke to Panasonic cameras and I told them that my model was, according to their web site, compatible with Vista. The guy on the phone said that that statement wasn't quite true as only parts of the software were compatible with Vista :roll:
I wish I could be of more help but to even just send a picture is a triumph for me :shock: :D
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

ahh...ok ;-) thanks for trying! I think my "compatable" video camera is not so either...will work the same if I save files...bujt no fun since I can't use all the cool photo and movie making stuff on Vista :-) maybe they will come out with updates!