e-mails from Hotmail accounts not getting through

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
alifrank1

e-mails from Hotmail accounts not getting through

Post by alifrank1 »

For the past couple of weeks I have been having trouble receiving emails from guests with hotmail accounts. I found out the explanation today. I thought I would post it here rather than the teccie bit in case anyone didn't read that far down :?

"A faulty server is apparently the root of the problem, according to a Microsoft customer service representative who confirmed the outage on Wednesday. The representative declined to immediately discuss the nature of the problem, when it began, or how many of Hotmail's 187 million users are affected.

The outage has caused intermittent access to Hotmail accounts for some consumers over the last couple of weeks and, more alarmingly, appears to have erased new and saved messages from in-boxes, according to several people who contacted ZDNet UK sister site CNET News.com about the problem. It is also the latest in a string of ongoing customer
complaints about the service."

I can get emails to hotmail, but cannot receive them, so hope this helps if you are wondering why some enquiries do not convert
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Alifrank, thanks. I have a deposit invoice that hasn't been paid, that may explain why. I will resend it tonight and phone them tomorrow if I don't receive a reply.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I have also had emails bouncing back from yahoo.co.uk - luckily for me, friends, not guests :-) but it has happen to both people I was trying to email....and they keep bouncing back.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I know Tiscali have had problems too.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

Did you manage to get your deposit sorted Helen?

Alison
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No. They booked last year too, and used another email, so I've resent it to that one as well, but it's a yahoo address . Its' actually full payment now, as it's less than 6 weeks. I will call them tonight, and release the dates if they don't pay up. I got another booking last night-from a hotmail address. :roll:
Bella

Post by Bella »

I've had alot of probs with recieving hotmail. Now have a Gmail account (google email), seems to be much more reliable.
Son, who's abit of a techky, says not to bother with hotmail and put me on to Gmail.

Tina
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I use Gmail all the time, but have recently had some mail bounced.