Advertising a week's stay on e-bay

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

They're both good Ros, esp the second one! I could use that exclusively, since MG's already thought up his!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
A-two

Post by A-two »

So far....no good.

Ebay ad that is. After 4 days, I have a pathetic 81 hits on the counter, 7 people on "watch". That was yesterday, today my watchers reduced to 6, so it's getting worse AND to add insult to injury, the opening bid is still open at $1!!!!!!

(I'm blaming the copywriter.... :lol: )
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Think I can stretch to that, what week are you offering........ :?

[do you pay the postage.....] :wink: :lol:
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Earlier this year I advertised 3 weeks and sold one of them. The one I sold went really quickly, and infact the buyer contacted me before the end of the auction to pay full price. I advertised the other two weeks shortly after the success of the first, but other than a couple of enquiries, I got nothing.

The people that booked were really nice.

The weeks I advertised were all 'last minute' for August. So either people didn't want what I had to offer, or the timescales didn' fit.

I would use Ebay again, but I need to think about a testing strategy first. I suppose my experience is that yes it works, but it isn't the be all and end all.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Please keep us posted all, as this solution seems to have legs - well, some of the time at least!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

I have recently noted that someone has opened an e bay shop selling rentals in Tuscany I suppose the fact that they have actually seen the properties they advertise give the customers more security. Does anyone know anything about this?
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Maybe just luck, but in the times we've had e-bay guests, they've all been model guests - leaving the cottage sparkling with OTT comments in the guest book. And a number of them have returned paying full prices (at least our 5% discount returning guest's price).

John
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Our latest booking were previous ebay guests.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well :)
After reading about it on here and seeing Helens and Johns posts.....
Ive just posted a cancelled week at the end of July on there...[As ive said on another thread ]
so I will let you know how it turns out..worth a wiggle I thought :wink: