Rental Agreement

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Alan,are these French companies? I understood there was some problem getting this sort of cover with French companies?

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise,

The properties are insured with a French company, while the contents are insured with a UK company.

Alan
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Ah, thankyou. Is there any special reason for different companies or is it down to price?

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise,

When I came to France I wanted to continue with my UK insurances for both the properties and the contents. For some reason, which is quite beyond me, it was not possible for the properties but was OK for the contents.

The same applied to my motor insurance. As soon as I bought a French registered one - I could not insure it with my UK insurers. Getting a maximum no claims discount out of the French insurers was fun but I managed it, eventually.

Just as a matter of detail, on completion of the purchase of my French properties I chose to adopt (as was my right under French law) the insurances which were in place for the properties. It made that part of the transaction so much easier for me although the seller was not too please to find I was adopting his insurances. Actually, I don't think his notaire had even told him about this.

Alan