Beware domain renewal letters and emails

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
paolo

Beware domain renewal letters and emails

Post by paolo »

Slightly off-topic, but something to look out for if you are not very confident about the www.

If you get an email or letter telling you that your domain name needs to be renewed, make sure it is actually from the company your domain is registered with before taking action.

There are naughty people out there who send official-sounding emails with easy instructions for renewal, others send letters with titles like 'Domain Name Expiration Notice' that advise you to switch your domain to them. I get letters like this from something called the 'Domain Registry of America'.

The expiration date of domains is publicly available, so it is not hard for these companies to automatically send out these notices. Ignore them, unless they are from the company you are currently registered with.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Crikey!Thankyou for that warning- I might have thought it was genuine if I'd received one, yet another banana skin to avoid :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com