This is a first for me....

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Can't make my mind up with this one. Kroupa & Bourke House of Travel Ltd is a legitimate company whose details can be found on www.companies.govt.nz and Jason Kroupa is a director of the company with 22.5K shares.

Web address is OK and the email address @hot.co.nz seems OK too. Type in www.hot.co.nz and you are redirected to www.houseoftravel.co.nz

Have you had a response to your telephone message?
ginelli

Post by ginelli »

Great feedback everyone.

Thanks for your input, DebK. If I go ahead with this booking, I'll go about it the way you described it.

And yes, J&J. If you have someone nearby in Motueka and it's no trouble, I'd appreciate if they could check out if it does really exist.

I've had a reply from Jason. This is what it says:

"Hi Gino,

We normally use a few select properties that we have stayed in ourselves.
We have a problem with the apartment we normally use in St Ferriol as they have double booked our customers so I need to find a suitable alternative.
The Strongs are family friends so I have spent quite a few hours pouring over the internet for a similar house.
Your website is excellent and I feel that Maison Caramany will be perfect for them.

As we get charged bank fees for each transaction we do, we find it easiest to send full payment upon confirmation of the reservation. We add a margin to your rates so it is a little delicate when the price is on the rental agreement. Our preference is to have the amount on the agreement blank, or in the amount of New Zealand Dollars (NZ$1600 per week) that we are charging our customer but accept that this is not always possible. If you require the correct amount on the contract we can live with this.

Please email or fax the confirmation and rental agreement directly to me and I will get their signatures and fax or post back to you.
Let me know you account details and I can send the money. Let me know if you banks deducts any fees and I can have the Strongs pay the balance on arrival.

Cheers,
JASON.

P.S. What tour company do you work for? I used to run Trafalgar Tours' Travel Agency in Bressenden Place about 10 years ago."

The whole thing is sounding more and more...well, sound. I've a few more questions to ask him so, J&J, I don't know if there is anything you can do in the meantime?
De l'audace, encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace (George-Jacques Danton)

www.hide-aways.com
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Well, there goes my week's pocket money :oops:

I've read his reply a couple of times (and all the other incredibly helpful observations here), and if it were me, I'd be happy to send my bank details, and take the booking.