How's it going so far??

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I think Brooke has it exactly right.

Get yourself a decent digital camera with a big memory card. If you are taking pictures to be posted on the internet or included in your website you don't need huge numbers of pixels.

Even at 4mb (way more than you need for the web) a 512mb card gives you over 500 pictures and then you take your pick of which ones you like and throw away the rest.

Alan
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Vrooje/Alan thanks for the advice. I have a S20 cannon powershot which is a few years old but was quite powerful in its time. I am not sure if it is up to par nowadays as I am literally of the focus and click brigade, but I can't be as bad as my husband surely jugding from the photos he bought back.

The book details loads of features which I don't have a clue about but I will be reading up in the next few days. Hopefully there is a cannon power shot expert on the forum and I can gather a few vital tips.

Nether the less my list includes, no toilets, 3 memory cards, lots of standing on chairs, bright and sunny shots. The weather in May is normally fantastic but knowing my luck it will be overcast or raining.

Forever the optomist!!!

PS

If you don't hear me showing off about my lovely new shots then you will know that I failed miserably in my mission and am even worse than my dear hubby.
Always Learning
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Oh I am getting excited now I just looked at an internet review of the s20 and have found out the camera has a stitch mode for panoramas.

Stitch assist mode of the S20 is especially good as it not only understands stitch shooting (panoramas) but displays previously shot images in a patchwork to allow you to align the next shot perfectly. I got good results using the S20 combined with Enroute's QuickStitch (NOT the supplied panorama software: PowerStitch which was pretty poor..).

Who am I kidding I am never going to work that out :shock:
Always Learning
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Hanorah,

At 3 megapixels your S20 Canon Powershot has a much higher resolution than you need for pictures to be published on the web or to be displayed on a PC and it's in-built features are good too.

Happy snapping.

Alan
paolo

Post by paolo »

Yes, snap away, much more than you think might be necessary.

As you have a digital camera, take every subject from every angle, and in both portrait and landscape format too. When you do panoramas, the more pics you take the less 'jumpy' will be the joins. Each room and exterior will look better at different times of the day, so keep observing the trajectory of the sun.

And don't bother if it is not sunny!

Good luck. :)
Paolo
Lay My Hat