Woe is me!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
The Moles Mother

Post by The Moles Mother »

Nessie wrote:When guests arrive we give them keys to the house and they are free to come and go as they please. We had plans on Saturday to go out for the evening to the local fete with some friends, we went along to watch the fireworks and after there was a small disco playing in the park. Just after midnight who should I meet at a local café the guests that we had staying with us, but no sign of the children one was 8 and the other 11, so I asked where the children were only to be told that they had left them at home and put them to bed how can people be so irresponsible :evil:
My God, Nessie!! Did you say anything to them?

I know what you mean about some people and their kids. We had one family where the eldest boy kept trying to pry up a loose tile in our hallway, despite being told several times by both of us to leave it alone. The parents did nothing. It makes me very angry.

MM
A vegetarian oasis in the heart of Boeuf Bourguignonne country
http://www.lesbattees.com/
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Pauline

Sorry to have missed you again but glad your teething problems are mostly over.

I am exactly the same re the balconies and we are only first floor :shock: We have 3 balconies and I am sure that a tot could squeeze through the balustrading on one balcony, though not the railings. I always ask the ages of kids and to be honest I'm not keen on toddlers for that reason and also as we are on the golf course, so stray balls happen sometimes, oh yes, and also because I have beige furniture :lol: With these points in mind I ask ages and then inform parents to look at the pictures regarding balconies to ensure they are happy with the arrangement, after all, they are their children, not mine, who am I to say what they are like, some climb, some don't.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

[quote="
My God, Nessie!! Did you say anything to them?

MM[/quote]

Well to be honest i was shocked,(think I said something along the lines that the children would have enjoyed the fireworks and would they be ok on their own) but at breakfast they told me the kids had stayed up dancing in the room until 1am.But having said that I should not have been surprised as earlier in the week I had to go and wake the parent from an afternoon sleep in their room as they had left the children by the pool and the 8 year it turned out could not swim and was in a panic as he had gone into the water and a bee flew by him and he lost his rubber tube and his older brother thought it a big joke
Nessie
The Moles Mother

Post by The Moles Mother »

I should not have been surprised as earlier in the week I had to go and wake the parent from an afternoon sleep in their room as they had left the children by the pool and the 8 year it turned out could not swim and was in a panic as he had gone into the water and a bee flew by him and he lost his rubber tube and his older brother thought it a big joke
Urgh. Some people simply should not have children.

MM
A vegetarian oasis in the heart of Boeuf Bourguignonne country
http://www.lesbattees.com/
enid

Post by enid »

I am so incensed by this - I'm afraid if it happened here we would say quite forcibly that we were unhappy and to reiterate that children were at all times their parents responsibility. After the much publicised Madeleine abduction this is even stupider. :evil:

I read this morning that nursery school teachers and playgroup leaders are going to need a degree to look after young children - parents like these don't seem to have common sense never mind a degree!!!!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Just thought I'd post an update.

My first tenants rang me soon after they'd got back. They had a lovely holiday apart from the kids squabbling about who got the room with the aircon, but admitted that in fact they'd hardly had it on. He did point out some things that I might like to consider, eg putting a shower on the terrace and a few other useful things, but all in all he was very pleasant about it all.

Then the second tenants returned home and also rang me. Now this made it all worthwhile. They'd had a wonderful time, hadn't needed the aircon, hadn't been bitten by mosquitos (though I did leave those plug-in thingies just in case) and the 83 year old mother didn't find the walk to the commercial centre too arduous. In fact that particular lady sent a message to me thanking me for her lovely holiday. They found the apartment comfortable (mentioned a few little things I ought to get, but I know about them and have been to Homebase!). In particular they want to come again next year, and are recommending me to friends, family and colleagues.

The present tenants are there for almost 3 weeks, so I hope they're having a good time as well. I wait with baited breath!

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Oh, am so pleased for you TC, that makes it all worthwhile doesn't it. My goodness though, the 83 year old must be fit as a flea to manage the walk to the commercial centre :) What did you mean about the room with the aircon, did you not put it in all of the bedrooms ?

I've had 2 calls from guests this week. First to say that the wind had blown a bedroom door shut and the frame had buckled, they were returnees so very easy to deal with and we arranged repair of the door. Second call today from new people, who had managed to mess up putting the safe code in and were locked out of the safe :roll: I knew it would happen eventually but rather than call management out, just called the 'damaged door' guests, who got home last night, asked them for their code and bingo, the new guests were in :D

Did you see my post on the other forum about the church worship times ? I honestly thought I had everything covered but that was a question I hadn't anticipated.

Anyway, glad you're finally up and running.

Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Partridge, if you read my very first post again on this thread you'll see that Climavip could only fit it in 2 of the bedrooms because the pre-installation hadn't been put in properly. I'm trying to chase up Pryconsa to get it done, but it's difficult for them while there are tenants as they have to break into the wall, and anyway, e-mailing them I get nowhere, all they will say is 'it's on the list'.

My next door neighbours have had the snagging done at their own expense and are now trying to get the money back from Pryconsa. I don't know how much luck they'll have.

TC

Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi TC :)

As Party has said Im soo pleased that things worked out for your guests and they enjoyed their stay..
Hope the aircon gets sorted soon..[but its nice to know that it hasnt been that necessary up to know that should help with the bills] :wink: ...
Our builder was a bit slow in getting our snagging list done and must admit we did lots of bits ourselves as we got fed up waiting..Hope you have more luck :wink:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Partridge wrote:
Did you see my post on the other forum about the church worship times ? I honestly thought I had everything covered but that was a question I hadn't anticipated.
What forum, what post? Interesting point thought - I've added the Mass times in the village to the information pack, every year we get at least 3 lots of guests who want to go to catholic Mass.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I did see it Partridge, yes. It's something I never thought of either, but I'll do as Buttercup does for next year.

Pauline

Partridge

Post by Partridge »

What forum, what post?
Sorry for the confusion LV. There is a site dedicated to buyers/owners on IC. It was started by Sarah, a lady who used to post here briefly.

TC, sorry, it was late last night (as usual) and I only read the last post, not from the beginning.
Last edited by Partridge on Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.