A chef for the evening.

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
J&J

A chef for the evening.

Post by J&J »

This week we were asked if we could arrange someone to cook a meal at home for eight guests for a 40th wedding celebration (they did not want to go out to a restaurant as there are several babies in the family). This evening I have just seen the food go into the house and I am feeling very envious! Not only that, there were beautiful napkins and decorations, bottles of champagne etc. and the chef and a young waitress all dressed up in their finery. What a lovely idea and all this in the Brittany countryside!

Judith
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

There is a 'chef at home' service in the winter in our ski resort. Our neighbours used them for New years Eve as they too had a young baby with them. Apparently the food was superb. Our place is too small for the chef service, but she will also do ready-prepared food for smaller parties (less than 6). I have left leaflets in our apartment for the service, but I am not sure that any of my guests have chosen to use them.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

That's my idea of a treat! Sounds wonderful!
enid

Post by enid »

I'm going to check out to see if that's available here too - a real treat indeed. I once won a meal for four at my home in a charity auction - you do feel pampered - a bit like having your own butler :)
gh

Post by gh »

How wonderful for the anniversary couple. Excellent idea.

Helen
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi J&J :)
As the others have said what a lovely idea :idea: ...All credit to you for sorting it :wink:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

This is quite a popular thing to do here and there are many fine caterers who do the most wonderful service; decorate tables, cook & serve, clear away and even take photos!
It's lovely for guests to have a wonderful evening of fine wine & food...yet walk into the kitchen and not see one dirty dish! :lol:
My idea of heaven too!

At the moment tho' I'm trying to find someone who will just do simple lunches (& a babysitter) for a family staying with us soon. Sorted the babysitting but cooking simple stuff seems to be more of a problem...not much profit in it I suspect. I really need to find an au pair - but haven't had any luck so far.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!