Advertising your gite to the locals?

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Chambo

Advertising your gite to the locals?

Post by Chambo »

Hello,

We have only just opened our gite but so far, the biggest amount of enquiries we have had came from local French families. We've had it booked out for the last weekend (for 12 people) and I've just taken a booking for the New year period.

It seems that lots of people are looking for large holiday lets for all of their families that come and visit. I've just finished designing a flyer to put up in local business and for French friends to distribute.

Well, I just wanted to pass that on - does anyone else get a lot of local interest?

Cheers,
Anna
enid

Post by enid »

We do for weekends out of high season.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Likewise - and I could let out every weekend in the summer too for weddings etc. French guests are the butter in my sandwich income wise October - April. C
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Likewise - and I could let out every weekend in the summer too for weddings etc. French guests are the butter in my sandwich income wise October - April. Christmas and New Year fully booked for 2 weeks at full rate already thanks to them!

Edit: Mine isn't so much local interest as interest from people all over France.
Last edited by la vache! on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:? a touch of déjà vu! :wink:

Well done LV BTW!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be