Summer wardrobe gets no showing

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
J&J

Summer wardrobe gets no showing

Post by J&J »

We have had a very poor summer weatherwise here in France, but it wasn't until my daughter came to stay this week that I realised how cheated all the guests must be feeling with regard to their latest summer wardrobes.
Being a fashion conscious young lady Helen had bought lots of little summer dresses and tops to wear, along with new swimwear and sandals to parade around the pool. What a disappointment as she spent most of the week in jeans and a jacket!
Do you think most of the guests' clothing will be taken back to M & S on their return for a refund? Surely part of the fun about going on holiday is to wear your new clothes!

Judith
enid

Post by enid »

I think we've fared a little better down here but I know what you mean - when we went to the Isle of Man in early July I didn't wear any of the summer clothes I had taken - I don't usually do washing on holiday but I had to to be able to keep wearing my warmer clothes. I bet your guests still had a good time despite the weather.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Well - sorry to say - the weather on our Catalunia / Languedoc hol in mid-July was perfect for me!

Temp was about 30C, blue skies, great. The Memsahib was slightly less impressed, because she doesn't really emerge until it hits 35 (which is too warm for me).

But, for me, it was perfect! :lol: :D 8) :) :lol: :D 8)

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Our mid-July trip to Serre Chevalier was warm and sunny too, although perhaps not as hot as our previous summer trips. We had hardly any rain, apart from a storm overnight, and one afternoon. Mid-high 20's, ideal for walking.
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

I usually have to cover up for my summer holidays. Barbour coat, waterproof shoes, layered sweaters. Nope, Scotland didn't disappoint this year ;)