Pool Filtration

For anything to do with the garden and pool
neilfaulkes

Pool Filtration

Post by neilfaulkes »

Hi everyone. :D

I am in the middle of my first season renting my holiday home in Poitou Charentes. Things have gone well but as you do, I am starting to have questions.

Many of them pool related....

I have one gite with one pool and after calling the Chief Technician in Vienne, I discovered that the DDASS in my part of the world class my pool as private rather than public. What a relief, as I don't meet the DDASS requirements for Gite complexes.

I don't however know if there is a DDASS equivalent or set of rules for private pools. Does anyone know? I would be interested to find out.

Also, I see to remember a rule about public pools having to turn water over every three hours. I can't remember where I heard that and could be wrong. What I am keen understand is any rules or guidelines for filters and pumps in private pools. I received a comment from a guest that my system was underpowered due to the size of the pump/filter....

...as he stood by the crystal clear waters, heated to 27 degrees, calling to tell me my American fridge was too small to hold all of his beer :roll:

Any thoughts?

Cheers!