Why shouldn't our guests sleep in their car if they want to?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mountain Goat

Why shouldn't our guests sleep in their car if they want to?

Post by Mountain Goat »

Feeling rather smug over the last few months with our chalet's exterior key safes and combination press-button locks (no nonsense with meet 'n' greet), we were slightly disconcerted by a strong village rumour from our resident spy that recently arriving guests had slept in their car overnight.

Now there are several innocent reasons for this - eccentric Brits abroad; too tired to open the front door after driving out from Blighty; passenger fallen asleep with head on door lock button and awaiting rescue; view was better from the forecourt; keen dawn birdwatchers; car was more comfortable than our SleepEezey beds; kid fallen out en route and awaiting safe return etc.

But I'm concerned to learn whether anything went wrong with our failsafe non-key system.

Watch this space.....

MG
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
enid

Post by enid »

Curious - look forward to hearing the reason if you find out.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

eccentric Brits abroad; too tired to open the front door after driving out from Blighty; passenger fallen asleep with head on door lock button and awaiting rescue; view was better from the forecourt; keen dawn birdwatchers; car was more comfortable than our SleepEezey beds; kid fallen out en route and awaiting safe return etc.
:wink:
I think a clue would be if theyd managed to get into the house by now or were still in the car :roll:
I take it you have a contact number in case they do have problems[and dont say its in the House :wink: :) ]
Please keep us posted wontya :roll:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Still a complete mystery, and they're non-the-worse for their experience according to fading text messages from their expiring mobile. Going out there later this week, so will find out what actually happened.

It looks like giving a code/combination isn't enough - one has to insist that they acknowledge they've received it. I suppose that's obvious, but no different from giving out real keys perhaps.

MG
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Oh MG, have we got to wait till then!! :?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Did they all sleep in the car?! Perhaps an argument (not the strangest of things to happen on family holidays) occured! Rather amusing though!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Looks like they did, but I'm not losing any sleep myself over the incident. We were delivered a long lecture about (a) fox poo on the doorstep (b) the weather (c) scratching in the walls (that's Minnie our Mouse who 4 years ago ate a Brabantia rubbish bin with her family and who isn't concerned about various exotic food we've tried to tempt her with since and Brabantia have sent us a new lid but won't replace the actual bin and anyway don't believe our story and said it proved their products were recyclable, and after they'd half ate through a John Lewis sofa bed we wrote to the Guiness Book of Records but that's another story).

And yes, they did eventually discover the lock code, but it was buried in their other stuff, not easily found at 0230am in the morning after a long trip.

Lesson to learn is (i) the lock code is the most important thing they need to know (ii) having sent it (via email) to get confirmation they've received it.

MG
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mountain Goat wrote: Brabantia have sent us a new lid but won't replace the actual bin and anyway don't believe our story and said it proved their products were recyclable.
:lol: :lol: MG, you are a one! BTW, I thought it was only rats which could eat their way through metal? Mousie, where are you - is this true? The JL sofa bed I can believe though.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Oh, MG, you have given me a good giggle tonight, I needed it.

:lol:

btw. I always get my guests to confirm receipt of keys, if they don't I ring them. I know it should be obvious that they would contact me if they didn't receive them, but after my recent brain lapse I have learnt that it could be possible for someone to forget that they actually need a key to stay at our place. :?

Ruth
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

MG what about also sending the code by SMS the day before they go then they should have it to hand, presuming they take their mobile phone of course :wink:
mon269

Post by mon269 »

You have to love the British sense of humour. :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

BTW, I thought it was only rats which could eat their way through metal? Mousie, where are you - is this true?
me too GG! :shock:

For the second time today I'm in awe :D This mouse is surely a force to be reckoned with!
I thought Brabancia were indestructable!

Mouse (off to have a nibble at her less impressive wastebin)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!