My Website - Comments Please.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Martin L

My Website - Comments Please.

Post by Martin L »

What do you think of this then?

http://www.myislacanela.co.uk

Any comments (good or bad) greatly appreciated.
ttp

Post by ttp »

Nice place.

There is an error on the <meta name="description" content="well equipped 2 bedroom beachfront holiday apartment located in Isla Canela, Costa de la Luz, Spain. Ideal for a self catering family holiday." /> somewhere, that line appears on the browser title bar.

I think the apostrophe police will be concerned at a couple of misplaced apostrophes.

A personal thing but I hate scroll bars within a page.
Regards

Nick Thompson

http://www.gite-in-brittany.co.uk
enid

Post by enid »

Well I have a big problem with it in both Firefox and Safari - it only takes up about half the page and is very small for me to read when I click enlarge the text enlarges but not the page so I have to scroll a lot. So I didn't read on I'm afraid.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It is a very small sized site, altho clicking on the pics does enhance them. It seems fine for what it is, the dining table with 4 chairs seems odd for an appartment that sleeps 6 ! I did not like the guest comments, sorry, they sounded like they were made up ! Brutal but frank :?
fibi

Post by fibi »

OH dear sorry but...
- the site itself is too small
- the photographs are too small
- you have numerous grammatical errors

If I had clicked onto this site looking for accomodation I would have clicked off again pretty quickly - which would be a shame as your place looks very nice,
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
fibi

Post by fibi »

Sorry more bad news as I have just read Fraise remarks - she is absolutely right the guest comments do seem totally fabricated - have a look at mine - all taken from my guest book - they are just different from yours...
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had thought that about the guestbook comments too. Too many 'lovelys' for a start!!! If they are contrived remove them, they do ot have a genuine feel about them. I would be very suspicious, sorry. It is really small too.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Martin, I've just looked at your guest comments. Now, I love Isla Canela, and have an apartment there myself, but who on earth would write 'full of good places to eat and SHOP'.

I'm not disputing the eating, but name me ONE good place to shop. Making it sound like Nice or Barcelona will only get you disgruntled guests.

Sorry to be so blunt, but there it is. I'm sure your apartment lives up to its description - Cisnes is indeed right on the beach, though a fair way from any facilities.

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
garethkthomas

Post by garethkthomas »

Just joined - so thought I had best make my first post something that is (hopefully!) a useful contribution.

I like the site - think that it looks quite professional. Seems very easy to look around. Maybe try putting in a few more keywords in your alt text for your images and in link names. The names of images can also help with search engine optimisation - try using keywords here as well.

It may be a little late - but I would not reccommend using the centre frame that you have. I agree with one of the previous posts that scroll bars within the page aren't so good - but again this may just be down to personal preference.

Why are only initials shown for the guest comments - I think it would feel more personal if it was their names and agree that they do seem a little "fabricated".

Calendar looks good and I think this will be useful to potential guests - shame that the prices have to be on a seperate page - would be nice if they were all included on the one page. Again - this is just my opinion.

Hope that helps - Cheers - Gareth
Martin L

Post by Martin L »

Thank you to those people who have taken the time to visit the website and post their comments.