Review my florida villa site please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
anabella

Review my florida villa site please

Post by anabella »

Hi!
can you please take a look to http://www.fantasiahome.com
it is the website of our 2 florida properties, currently only the townhouse is ready as the 6 beds is under construction, what I specially need help is in the descriptions as my english is not as rich and fluid as I wish
big thanks!!
Ana
charles

Post by charles »

Warning: ***Pictures of toilets arrrghhh!*** :shock:

Well, at least they're closed. :D

Hi Ana,

Wow, what I nice site!

There are a few bits and bobs I noticed:

- on the links page when you click on "contact, "back", "Resort" etc. you always seem to get a new window opening (I'm trying on IE 6)

- I like the "back" link - very good idea (might nick it!)

- On the "rates" page I thought the text could do with a bit more contrasting colours in the header of the tables - found it a bit difficult to read

- On "town home" - maybe or two too many pictures- took a while for page to load even on my 1mb broadband - about 12 seconds or so (counted in my head) - maybe you should split them over two pages

- I like the colour scheme - especially on the main page - made me think of Disney as soon as the page loaded and before I saw the closest to the magic byline.

- Spelling mistakes I noticed on main page: Disney Chanel and 24hs mantanience service (why are some of the items in the list capitalised and some not?) [ditto on town home page]

- I like the floorplans

- The pictures normally need alt / title tags (helps with google & co)

- I would suggest keeping the links for other pages in the site within the same window and for external sites in a new window (that doesn't happen on the town "home page"

Hope this helps,

Charles

Post by vrooje »

Ana,

Have you run a spellcheck on your site? That would clear up most of the issues.

Since you gave a warning about not being a native english speaker, I was expecting *much* worse. It's very readable!

It does look a little strange in my browser, though. I'm using Firefox.. have you checked to see how your page looks in browsers other than Internet Explorer?

Cheers!
Brooke
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi, I love the floor plan! The pictures took ages to load, even with broadband- I had to "click" onto a blank space to even get to see a picture- it was a bit like an arcade game- I was never sure what I was clicking on or what I was going to get! Lovely properties though!!

www.thepetitmanoir.com
anabella

Post by anabella »

Hi!
charles wrote:Warning: ***Pictures of toilets arrrghhh!*** :shock:

Well, at least they're closed. :D
as amazing as it sounds in Florida market is a common use to put the pictures of the toilettes LOL

Wow, what I nice site!
Thanks!!
(why are some of the items in the list capitalised and some not?) [ditto on town home page]
Because I am an idiot and copy and pasted from an old version of the site that was all not capitalized, and them added a few new ones capitalized, so it turned horrible and I didnt notice, thanks!
I do the mistake writing directly into the HTML and upload everything without preview it
- The pictures normally need alt / title tags (helps with google & co)
I was too lazy to do that but you are right I need to alt them

thanks you so much everyone for the input! you were really helpfull pointing things that my eyes didnt notice
thanks!
Ana
tansy

Post by tansy »

it all downloaded really quick for me..but the house amenities I think you call it - unable to read - the blue print on blue......it just blurred.

Wasn't this place Windsor Hills featured on one of the Black Widows place in the sun TV programmes?

Looks good though

:)
anabella

Post by anabella »

tansy wrote:unable to read - the blue print on blue......it just blurred.</quote]
weird as there is nothing blue on blue, maybe a background didnt load? I will check that out, thanks
tansy wrote:Wasn't this place Windsor Hills featured on one of the Black Widows place in the sun TV programmes?
I really dont know, I dont get SunTV in south america :(
just curious... do you recall what they said? was good or bad?
paolo

Post by paolo »

I think that what Tansy means here is the programme 'A Place in the Sun' which is presented by a woman who used to feature in the TV ads for a building society called Scottish Widows, wearing a black cape!

'A Place in the Sun' is on British TV and no doubt not available in South America either - I didn't see it so I can't tell you what they said. It follows Brits who want to move somewhere sunny (they should come to Kingston upon Thames, we have at least 25 days of sunshine a year).

There is a Windsor Hills property on VRBO which is advertised as being featured on A Place in the Sun: vrbo.com/19202
Paolo
Lay My Hat
anabella

Post by anabella »

oh! I see...

that's actually Windsor Palms, our "sister" resort constructed a couple of years ago by the same company (Pulte Homes)

Windsor Hills is still under construction and it is closer to the parks (only 1.5 miles to disney) :D
... this sounds like my selling speech hehe
janny

Post by janny »

I don't understand the reasoning of having links to other sites that have rental homes on them might it not send people there and they might see something they like better ?
anabella

Post by anabella »

I link to those other sites because the script counts the links "hits in" that I send and it counts to position my house better on the lists (making that a lot of people actually came to my site from those lists, so it is a win-win situation as I get more than I give), I do have many enquiries a day about my own homes and I think that if you like the house you will not look into another place, I may be wrong, but it works fine for me.
also maybe the main reason is because I am the webmaster/adm/owner of those other sites that I link :lol:
paolo

Post by paolo »

anabella wrote: also maybe the main reason is because I am the webmaster/adm/owner of those other sites that I link :lol:
Ah yes, that would make a difference! :wink:

Had a look round your site and it looks good to me, the only two things I would point out are:
- some of your text is centred rather than aligned left - this makes it harder to read
- I think too many of your pics are taken with a fisheye lens. Even in rooms that don't seem to be that small. The trouble with fisheye lens pics is they get all the information in but they are a little off-putting too.

And as stated above, you could iron out a few grammatical errors by running your text through spell-check.

But I like the site. You've gone with strong, bright colours that are entirely appropriate for the house and market, and I see lots and lots of blue sky that is going to make your visitors think good thoughts about the house.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
annemarie

on home page...no neighbours behind!

Post by annemarie »

Ths gave me a bit of a chuckle, but I think I know what you mean. It might not be so, um, well...easy to misunderstand if you say what IS there, rather than what isn't. Like:

Beautiful greenway behind house
Property borders golf course in back
Open field behind home

just a thought...