Hitting the medical profession - any tips?

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Mountain Goat

Hitting the medical profession - any tips?

Post by Mountain Goat »

A disproportionate number of our punters are Brit GPs and their families.

Anyone got any ideas on in-house advertising to the medical profession?

MG
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

MG, I was approached by this website a while ago, asking if they could put my property on there. Absolutely no response at all.

http://www.movingmedics.co.uk/propertie ... oliday.php

It looks like it is only for doctors to advertise on, but they asked me. The person concerned also asked about booking the apartment first.
Stu

Post by Stu »

An ad. in The Lancet perhaps?

Or, just give them your brochure to put up on the staff noticeboards? They're usually very willing to do this. We have a disproportionate amount of teachers come here for some reason, and they ask us for stuff to take back for the staff rooms etc.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Helen - excuse my ignorance, but what's a deanery - featured throughout that site? I thought it had some church-type connection?

Stu - good idea, but maybe expensive. Will check. Actually, a decent postcard would help with noticeboards in surgeries, hospitals etc.

MG
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The deanery is responsible for the postgraduate medical training. they're roughly divided in to the old regional health authorities and will have a dean in charge. Like a university college/faculty.