Nationality of guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
enid

Post by enid »

The Ditch? - best nationality of all and they make the best guests :wink:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

we have only ever had two difficult clients who were bith British -
Made me laugh out loud Enid at 'the Ditch' and the above.....made me think of the French policeman 'Allo Allo' :lol: :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

Well i av bin leaving ear for 5 yers :)
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Oh what a classic BP, I didn't pick that one up and yes, when I read them together...... :lol: :lol: :lol: I can even picture you saying it Enid, with hands on hips, your sternest head teacher expression and those rather elegant red/pink shoes on
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Made me chuckle too! A touch too much of the local red perhaps eh Enid? :lol:

We have largely received Brit visitors, and I'd agree, they are all either very uncomplaining or we've given them nothing to grouse about! I can't believe it's the latter.

We are lucky to have found a Ditch chap who lives locally and has done some odd jobs for us - to perfection. I told someone else and they replied 'it's the mentality'; I would suggest then that the same goes for Scandinavians, and I imagine they tend to be very meticulous, orderly people on the whole, which is why they read the instructions you send them and are so well prepared for their hols perhaps BP? I think it is true that there are certain characteristics that are typical eg of 'the Mediterranean' etc, and it is interesting to look at these and try to find reasons - cultural, historical etc. I'd have studied Sociology/Anthropology if I'd had my time over again.

Aussies do tend to travel on a shoestring - understandably, as we have along way to come, and it costs so much just to get here; also we need to travel feverishly and cover as much ground as we can in the time available, to make the most of our opportunity. I have Kiwi rellies, and they're just the same! You've gotta admire us. :D One of these days I'll bore you with the tales of my epic 6+ month journey around Europe in a Mini, living off Batchelors dehydrated Farmhouse Stew and Batchelors dehydrated Curry ( for a bit of variety), cooked over a Camping Gaz single burner in a variety of dodgy venues. Those were the days.....
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Gascony Goat wrote:...One of these days I'll bore you with the tales of my epic 6+ month journey around Europe in a Mini, living off Batchelors dehydrated Farmhouse Stew and Batchelors dehydrated Curry ( for a bit of variety), cooked over a Camping Gaz single burner in a variety of dodgy venues..
And no doubt that a week's stay in Au Chicot was an idyllic, unattainable dream :wink:

Its not just different nationalities that display various attitudes, its also a life stage issue. When I think of what we used to put up with when we were first married and self catering holidays were the norm I think you would all be appalled, but we enjoyed those holidays.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yes that's true on both counts e-R! Part of the enjoyment was meeting the challenges to your initiative, ingenuity and tenacity that came with those experiences, wasn't it! But I've worn that particular T-shirt to shreds now, so our present challenges are not providing us with quite the same fun factor!! :lol: Enid and all you other troopers, I take my hat with the slits off to you!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

I find the Brits have been the ones that have most appreciated the house and the city. They have also been the most numerous. I find that most people try and clean up and do the bed even if it has not been asked of them.

The bad experiences have been too few so I feel it would be unfair to mention their individual nationality. The one thing I feel I could generalise about is that it seems people from an academic background tend not to be too tidy. Perhaps it helps their work as a cluttered desk helps my creativity (that is my excuse and I'll stick to it!)