Charity Appeal

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

Bellywobble, if you would like to donate I can pass your details on to http://www.pwh.org.uk/ if you wish, or anybody else for that matter :idea:
Bellywobble wrote:I offered a week to a children's hospice. I had a nice email saying they would pass the offer to their bereavement team, but months later have never heard back from them :(
Windy

Post by Windy »

Do any of the cancer charities / hospices do anything like this - sounds like they don't

J
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

This hospice http://www.pwh.org.uk/ is one I am working closley with and would love any donations
Windermere Lodge wrote:Do any of the cancer charities / hospices do anything like this - sounds like they don't

J
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I'll send you a PM.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Davey - don't take this the wrong way - For personal reasons I would prefer to donate something to a cancer charity like MacMillan maybe. (We all have our own choices to make here don't we) From what you say they should all be able to do what your hospice does and auction the week in some way.

I suppose I had the idea that maybe it would be more direct offering a break to a family who had been through it a bit, but I guess that any way would be worth while.

J
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

Absolutley no problem at all
:D
Windermere Lodge wrote:Davey - don't take this the wrong way - For personal reasons I would prefer to donate something to a cancer charity like MacMillan maybe. (We all have our own choices to make here don't we) From what you say they should all be able to do what your hospice does and auction the week in some way.

I suppose I had the idea that maybe it would be more direct offering a break to a family who had been through it a bit, but I guess that any way would be worth while.

J
Windy

Post by Windy »

Absolutley no problem at all
Good :)

I have just emailed Macmillan to find out how they might deal with this kind of thing - if they get back to me with anything positive I will post it here.

best wishes

John
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

Many thanks to bellywobble for her generous offer :D
davey2187

Post by davey2187 »

Just to let you all know, I have 11 weeks altogether mainly on our resort and there is some PR being done on this, if anybody else would like to help out please let me know :D