please rate my site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
annemarie

please rate my site

Post by annemarie »

This is the first time I've ever created a site, please let me know what you think
www.condosatthegulf.com

Thanks!
Anne-Marie
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hello Anne-Marie,

A very professional-looking site. I like the links you have like 'What to pack'.

I would put something on the homepage addressing the question: why should I come to this part of the world? Also a heading which tells us which part of the world it is. You tell us in the box to the left but it should be made immediately apparent.

The Title of the page is blank - 'Untitled Document'. The Title is important for both humans and search engines, and should say something like 'Gulf vacation rentals, Alabama'.

The text size could be bigger, I was struggling to read it.

On each page I would choose the best picture relevant to that page and place it near the top.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
enid

Post by enid »

I liked the site especially: The quotes on each side bar, the photos of views from the accommodation, the lists i.e; what to pack , things to do etc. I also liked your clear details about how to book and what responses to expect.

I would have liked a broader geographic setting at the beginning - the gulf was a bit too broad for me and I only found more detail on your pdf pages. Also I would like to know about weather throughout the year.

It's hard to believe you are a first timer - well done! :D
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

I like the site. Its simple to the point and easy to read. Lots of pictures are great.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
annemarie

Paolo...

Post by annemarie »

I added an "about the area" papagraph to the home page, what do you think?
also increased font sizes.
How do you retitle the page so it doenst say "Untitled Document" as I said Im really new to this. I use Smart FTP to download and upload, and Mozilla Composer to edit. Im afraid if I rename it, then upload, it wont overwrite the old version since it wont recognize it.
Thanks for any help.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Nice site Anne Marie
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Annemarie:

Paolo's advice, as usual, is great. :)

I am impressed with the site! It does look extremely professional.

I think your kitchen photos could benefit from a nice bouquet of flowers or bowl of fresh fruit, in the same way that your dining table photos are spruced up by that. Otherwise it's just a sea of white counter space. Clean is good, but I prefer impeccably lived-in.

Your page title is no longer "Untitled Document," at least to me. It's "Orange Beach, Gulf Shores Condo Rentals - Home" for the home page. Short and sweet! Though, you might also consider adding "Vacation" between Condo and Rentals... just because "vacation rental" is a common search phrase for Americans.

Call me crazy, but I don't see an "About the Area" paragraph. Am I missing it? Either way, you could put this in the leftmost area near the "Rent directly from the owner!" paragraph. I'd also expand the AL acronym and mention that the condo is in the southeastern U.S.A. -- these are all things that foreigners (and some Americans) won't know!

Have you looked at your site in Firefox? Netscape? Opera? I think your stylesheets may not be perfectly translated in my version of Firefox. It's not enough to interfere with the content of the page, but it's enough that I noticed.

Cheers!
Brooke
Renata

Post by Renata »

I loved your site.
I am used to Underlined fonts being linked....so I was confused when the Underlined font on your Index Page did not take me to another page.
Also, In Wolf Bay, I found myself trying to tie the outside views to the views from inside.
I always like to see an open window to get a sense of what I will see when I am in the rooms looking out.

Thanks,
Renata
Renata Gozdziak
Chicago Illinois---Daytona Beach Florida
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Your site looks fine. My one comment would be that there appears to be 3 different size fonts on the home page. Not sure if this is just my pc or whether it has been done deliberately?

Good luck

Linda
annemarie

font size

Post by annemarie »

I tried to do some upsizing, but I could only see it properly in firefox...when I went to Internet Explorer, it ran off the page. This was the only compromise I could make work.