Newbie Villa Owner

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
rikknikk

Newbie Villa Owner

Post by rikknikk »

I am a newbie to the forum and would appreciate some feedback/advice/comments on my advert.

I have recently purchased a property on one of the Polaris World resorts, La Torre. I have advertised for approx last 5-6 months on a few free listing sites that I have found (links to my ad below), however to date still not had one enquiry let alone booking.

I realise that as they are free sites, they may not offer the best exposure, however having done some research on sites such as Owners Direct & Holiday Lettings the properties listed on their seem to have an awful lot of availability !, so before parting with my dosh your help would be most appreciated and I would be grateful for any comments on my ad's or any other advice you can offer.

www.costa-holiday-rentals.com/57/property_details.htm

http://www.theholidayrentalcompany.com/ ... G&view=154
paolo

Post by paolo »

In brief - if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. If you don't even pay peanuts you don't get the monkeys. You need to invest in some paid listing sites, as well as your own website.

This is how I would do it:
viewtopic.php?t=257

(I have deleted a couple of your links because they were stretching the page width.)
Paolo
Lay My Hat
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

Polaris have been having some very bad press as well for developments not being finished which may be putting people off. Plus you're competing against a lot of similar properties in the same area :(
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
eldrep

Post by eldrep »

I agree with Paolo, you have to 'speculate to accumulate'. We finished furnishing our apartment in Vilamoura in mid-October and had an ad on Owner's Direct within days of getting the photos. We chose OD because of the reasons in Paolo's link - it comes up on the first page in google searches and had good feedback from other LMHers. I wasn't really expecting to get many enquiries til the New Year as I don't think it's the sort of holiday you book miles in advance for, but we've had two enquiries for 2-week bookings in peak season already. They may not have turned into bookings but at least we are getting some interest and we are up against 140 similar properties on the same website. A single booking for a week in low season will easily pay for a £100-odd ad so it has to be worth the investment!

Good luck!

Cheers
Sonia