Free sunday times ads..

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

I think our add will run today so we shall see!! As we can't get the paper could anyone confirm we are in it?
Cheers
PC
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We had 4 Sundays in September. I didn't have any problems filling in the ad and the forms. When I tried to renew I got a phone call saying we are a business and didn't qualify. We had 3 phone calls from the 4 ads, all apparently genuine but none have booked so far.

I found the main problem was that readers didn't understand that the reference number meant they could find the web address. So I had to spell it out over the phone which was a nuisance.

The woman who phoned said the free ads were for people who just wanted to rent out their own house in weeks when they weren't using themselves, which I thought was fair enough.

I think she offered commercial ads at £60 each for more words, but I wouldn't go for that at this time of year. Might try after Christmas.
Jenni C

Post by Jenni C »

Can I say a big "thanks" for this thread!! I read through it, and put the ad on last week (I thought I had, like many of you I couldn't actually check ) Got a call this evening from a lady who had seen it, booked a week for March, booking form sent back, paid deposit by paypal. Wow! I'm really impressed... :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Well done Jenni.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Paul Carmel wrote:could anyone confirm we are in it?
I can't find it Paul. What was your heading?
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Sorry being a bit thick it should read, It should be in a separate section for Corsica.

CALVI www.casaparadis.co.uk
Villa nr beach ( tel number )
Cheers
PC
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Well I think I can answer my own question as to whether our ad is in the ST and that is a big fat yes as we just got a booking :D

Cheers memes! I owe you a beer!
Cheers
PC
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Excellent Paul.
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Glad you have had some luck with it Paul. All I am getting is invoices for £1.75, have had 4 now and not paid any of them, rang 3 times to query them and all they say is that they are just credit control and they will put the invoices on query and one of the sales team will call me back, but not a sausage!! Oh well I am sure they will call when they want payment, which they won't get of course!

:roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Carol, I did notice that posting extra photos was £1.75 each if that is any help.
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

I only posted one photo which is what it allowed for the free entry (I think). I haven't even been on it for weeks either so this was quite a while ago! Oh well ...........
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yes, you're right the first photo is free.
Goosey

Post by Goosey »

I've just tried this using 3 different browsers, but nothing works properly. Anyone else?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

When I did my ad ages ago, I had to use IE6, the rest didn't work either.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Just booked mine using IE7 and it worked without any problems. Not very helpful to you I know!

Our ad starts in a weeks time - great service for free. Even better if we get a booking from it!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.lapagerie.com - Holiday house to rent
www.sompt.com - The renovation of our house